THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

got scammed on xmas walmart gift cards

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 07:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default got scammed on xmas walmart gift cards

Well this is a first for me I received a few gift cards to walmart for xmas and decided to use them yesterday to pay for groceries since used all my money on xmas gifts. We got all we wanted and needed for the week went trough the check out time to pay. I said I have few gift cards to use I got 5 each were 20 bucks and none of them had money on them all had been spent and used the day before xmas I didnt evem get any till xmas day so here I sat with people waitin on me trying to figure this out didnt have no money in my checking account to pay for all of what we got. Tgis was a first looking embarresed to leave with nothing to pay for groceries had my son with me holding him makes me pissed knowing he doesnt get his treats and baby food that he likes for the week and to have people lookn at me. Thanks to the dousche bag who stole the money from my family. And this is what tops it all off there was a deal on my local news about it apparently I missed it that day the walmart employees where told about it and where suppose to call the store manager over so I wouldlike to now put my foot up that ladies *** at walmart now. Hope you guys didnt get scammed
Old 01-02-2013, 07:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn that sucks man, I got a $10 card there from my grandma, hope that isn't the case.
Old 01-02-2013, 07:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Dunno man I call and see if any money is on it
Old 01-02-2013, 07:45 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Shitty deal man, people are shady.
Old 01-02-2013, 07:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yea they are I wrote a concerned email to the corporate people see if it goes anywhere
Old 01-02-2013, 08:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sounds like something my jokester brother would do to me, buy the card, use it, then give me an empty gift card on Christmas day.
Old 01-02-2013, 08:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

I seen a thing about that on yahoo around christmas. said the scammers take a picture of the gift cards at the store....they are then able to spend the money on them without the card. do a search on gift card fraud.
sorry to hear that btw.
Old 01-02-2013, 08:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Its new to me Topeka isnt very big of a town compared to most bad things dont really happen around here bubut they are happening mor now than ive seen in the last ten years in past couple monthes th we res has been 4 murders and 8 shootings thats more now then in past 5 years combined. Looks like its time to move back out into the sticks were your closest neighbors are a mile or two away

Yea the I got recipts on every card saying when were bought and day used all were used online at walmart on christmas eve you would think thwey could get the shipping address and catch the person
Old 01-02-2013, 09:00 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would tell the person that gave the gift. When you buy those, they give you a receipt. If that doesn't work, and they paid with a credit card, I would deny the payment through their credit card. The credit cards pay insurance for this type of reason.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

I ended talkn to everuone again and nobody has there recipt anymore im goin to call the store manager tomorrow and see what they say plus now to top it off for the day I have a bad battery in the truck

Quick Reply: got scammed on xmas walmart gift cards