THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Get paid to write about Trucks?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2020, 08:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Get paid to write about Trucks?

Hey - not sure if this is the best place to post this so apologies if it's not as I wasn't looking to break any guidelines..
Anyways I'm looking to get some people's input into some content I'm looking to create.

I want to make some ultimate guides to truck modifications and accessories. For example it might be the ultimate guide to ford f150 tuning and then get people's input into the piece.
I actually have around 400 guides to create so there'd be substantial amount of work for the right people and it'd be paid.

If anyone's interested can you reply here and I'll reach out to discuss with you.

Thanks - Adam
Old 03-23-2020, 08:31 PM
Mod with training wheels

Received 202 Likes on 138 Posts

What crowd are you looking to cater to? What level of detail? Who is this sponsored by? How are you filtering input to the content?

Lot of questions, but that's an open ended post there.
The following users liked this post:
Adam G (03-27-2020)
Old 03-27-2020, 08:27 AM

US predominately. We try and cater nationally but understand some content has to be written with each state in mind. The detail would need to be extensive - we try to position ourselves as an authority on pickup trucks and want to create fair and balanced guides which is why we're reaching out to people.

Filtering input is done as a team - if it's relevant information we'll include it. We're not sponsored by anyone and are self-funded - again we just want to create the best content for pickup trucks.

Are you interested then? We can pick up the conversation off this forum if you are and I can share full details.
Old 03-27-2020, 10:15 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Welcome Adam. Imo you definitely came to the right forum as opposed to some others. This is mostly GM based just so you know and some of these guys have incredible 1st hand knowledge and understanding about most every facet imaginable on trucks. Smokeshow is one of them, Atomic and quite a few others. 03 sierraslt, Vortec350ss,Rick @ Trick Turbo and on. I'll stop here too many to list. You're gonna get educated as do I every week sir. Have fun.
The following users liked this post:
Adam G (03-30-2020)
Old 03-28-2020, 01:12 PM
TECH Regular

Received 108 Likes on 92 Posts

What happens with the guides? Are they published to a website and sold or what?
Old 03-28-2020, 05:12 PM
Admin

Received 216 Likes on 172 Posts

Who is “We” and who does “We” represent?
Old 03-30-2020, 02:14 PM

Hi. "We" is myself and 4 others - we're a team of automotive journalists, editor, digital/web person and 1 mechanic right now. We run an independent online pickup truck website.

@silentbravo - what we do with the guides is publish them online, for people to find. We do make money through our website but not from selling the guides. These are more entry points for customers to help find us and useful answers to their questions.
Old 03-31-2020, 01:17 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 766 Likes on 564 Posts

[QUOTE=Adam G;5479838]We run an independent online pickup truck website.

What website?

Old 04-01-2020, 03:32 AM

I'll privately message you that as I don't want to post that here. I can't find out how to PM anyone on here either. Any help would be appreciated
Old 04-04-2020, 06:14 AM

Yeah I can't see how to private message you guys. @dantheman1540 , @03sierraslt , @silentbravo , @smokeshow , @Atomic , @Vortec350ss , @TrickTurbo can you reach out to me privately to discuss more.

Really keen to speak to some if you and I hope the work will be of interest.

best,

Adam

Quick Reply: Get paid to write about Trucks?