THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Fast and Furious

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2009, 07:27 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, when N20 reaches 572* (in the compression stroke) it breaks down and releases oxygen..more oxygen means more fuel which means more powa!
Old 04-05-2009, 11:35 PM
TECH Addict

Just got back from watching it. They should have worked on the sound track more. The GN changed back and forth from V8 to V6 sound. One scene the axle is obviously bent, then suddenly straight.

There was ALOT of very obvious mistakes all through the movie. I would have expected it from a movie from the 70's but not a movie thats current. Damaged stuff suddenly getting fixed, and all sorts of things of that type.

I have never read about N2O exploding like that. I have read about the bottles exploding and destroying cars, but not exploding because of a leak.
Old 04-05-2009, 11:40 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SimpleManLance
anyone remember the vin diesel quote on what he looks for in a woman? 20% angel.......... just enough greese under her finger nails or something like that?
"I like a good body, no matter what make it is"

"I like eyes that can see through the BS, and see the good within. 20% angel, 80% demon, "

not sure, but then I think, "a girl that likes to get all dolled up, but is comfortable with getting grease under her finger nails"
Old 04-06-2009, 12:20 AM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I saw it friday..I got what I expected and that was to enjoy watching mia (jordana brewster) shes such a babe! I liked when vin diesel went ape sheezy on paul walker and punched him like 6 times and all paul had was a drop of blood under his nose...really? My buddies and I laughed too when they are eating dinner and vin takes a swig of beer and the bottle starts to foam over when he sets it down! It wasn't too bad but +1 on the changing engine sounds...wtf was the sound guy doing?
Old 04-06-2009, 02:05 AM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Ender06
No, what?
When they flip stunt cars they remove all the glass, engine and drive train components and parts that might become loose from the chassis and body and can become dangerous flying objects. In the last chase scene when the STI flips over there was no rear end, drive shaft, transmission, fuel tank, brake lines, fuel lines, electrical wiring, exhaust...basically NOTHING was under the car. I thought the editor's would of paid more attention to detail and not shown that scene because of the obvious lack of mechanicals...but then I'm sure they really weren't too worried about a bunch of gear heads laughing at the movie.
Old 04-06-2009, 02:07 AM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 1_fastsilverado
I saw it friday..I got what I expected and that was to enjoy watching mia (jordana brewster) shes such a babe! I liked when vin diesel went ape sheezy on paul walker and punched him like 6 times and all paul had was a drop of blood under his nose...really? My buddies and I laughed too when they are eating dinner and vin takes a swig of beer and the bottle starts to foam over when he sets it down! It wasn't too bad but +1 on the changing engine sounds...wtf was the sound guy doing?
I got told to shut up by some people cuz of some of the glaring mistakes in that movie mad me laugh...including but not limited to the aforementioned paul walker getting his *** kicked by vin diesel. There really were too many too list but it was interesting nevertheless.
Old 04-06-2009, 06:06 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by On20Z
Def good as the first one.Of course Jordana brewster is HOTT.I couldnt wait to get outside cause i heard a bunch of imports bouncing the rev limiter.At that point i was thankful i have a love for trucks.
I opened my DMH cut out to muffle the imports....

I liked the movie and glad to see American Muscle supported. I still want to see Grand Torino.
Old 04-06-2009, 10:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

i didnt like how han is dead in the last one and he's back in this one. and popping a wheelie on street tires lol and in the sand.. i did like the cars more.. then of course all of the NOS blowing up lol.. my gf was like will you shut up and stop pointing out the flaws in the movie its still badass. i was mmk
Old 04-06-2009, 05:09 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by cttandy
Just got back from watching it. They should have worked on the sound track more. The GN changed back and forth from V8 to V6 sound. One scene the axle is obviously bent, then suddenly straight.

There was ALOT of very obvious mistakes all through the movie. I would have expected it from a movie from the 70's but not a movie thats current. Damaged stuff suddenly getting fixed, and all sorts of things of that type.

I have never read about N2O exploding like that. I have read about the bottles exploding and destroying cars, but not exploding because of a leak.
Well, guess they shoulda paid more attention to the deails, but the reason the GNX goes from V8 to V6 sound is because some of the ones used had V8s, others had V6s; the reason the axle was bent where he's driving in "reverse" is because they took the body off and turned it around; those are the front wheels "bending".

Overall I thought it was a good movie, but us car people will recognize the details like that, but they did most of the stunts for real (the wheelstands, put weights in the back). I liked that they used more muscle cars than ricers this time.
Old 04-06-2009, 07:02 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by aksz71
i didnt like how han is dead in the last one and he's back in this one. and popping a wheelie on street tires lol and in the sand.. i did like the cars more.. then of course all of the NOS blowing up lol.. my gf was like will you shut up and stop pointing out the flaws in the movie its still badass. i was mmk
This movie was supposed to take place between the second and third movie. If you notice Han says he is going to check out tokyo, which is where he died in the 3rd movie.

Quick Reply: Fast and Furious