THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

EDC Flashlights

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2011, 01:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im very partial to Surefire They are the best flashlights you can buy. I myself have have a E2d and a 6p with a led head. Surefire stands behind everything they make 100% I have abused the hell out of them and they keep ticking. Only problem ive ever had was the on/off cap stopped working, called surefire and there was one on my doorstep THE NEXT DAY free of charge.
Old 12-03-2011, 05:17 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I carry a Fenix Cree P2D on me everywhere I go. I love that little light. It is a single 123, and very easy to forget I have in my pocket. I have had an M500B on my AR, M6, M3, M2, E2e, E1, and a few rechargeables, and I always carry the Fenix. I might just get that light you put a pic up of.
Old 12-03-2011, 05:23 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Another cheaper option is a Fenix P4. I have used one of those a bit until I put it through the wash. It still works, but is picky when it wants to come one. There is no button, you have to turn the bezel to turn it on, and it is only one level. You could actually put that on a keychain easily.
Old 12-03-2011, 05:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a streamlight, $180 w/2 lithium ion batteries, car charger, and wall charger. Battery last about 2 weeks with daily use.
Old 12-03-2011, 06:07 PM
Wearin' da big hat

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Joe ill show you it at work on Wednesday if you're around. I'm off Monday Tuesday and Friday.
Old 12-03-2011, 09:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Also have a 2200 Lumen Flashlight
Runs on 4 D Batteries
This one is 220$ Shipping not included
Brand is Fenix Tk70
Old 12-03-2011, 10:32 PM
Wearin' da big hat

Originally Posted by kr1s
Hey guys i sell lights! Starting at 50$ and go up too 80$
Look them up Jet Beam PA01 this one puts out 140 Lumens on high. Water resistant and fully submersible. Impact resistant. This one is 50$
Has low 6 Lumens
Med 65 Lumens
high 140 lumens
and strobe 140 lumens
LED Flashlight

I also have the JetBeam BC40 that puts out 830 Lumens
This one is 80$ Has low and high
Low is 130Lumens
High 830 Lumens
LED Flashlight

Shipping is not included.
Originally Posted by kr1s
Also have a 2200 Lumen Flashlight
Runs on 4 D Batteries
This one is 220$ Shipping not included
Brand is Fenix Tk70
This ain't the classifieds bud
Old 12-03-2011, 10:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just had work buy me the Mag XL200...badass little flashlight...
Old 12-03-2011, 10:49 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

So what should I get Scott? Needs to be smaller than a 3D mag but I won't be carrying it in my pocket. I'll mount it under the dash on my truck. I'm looking for something around the 2C maglite size if you even remember those. So what I'd call a "medium" size light.
Old 12-03-2011, 11:04 PM
Wearin' da big hat

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
So what should I get Scott? Needs to be smaller than a 3D mag but I won't be carrying it in my pocket. I'll mount it under the dash on my truck. I'm looking for something around the 2C maglite size if you even remember those. So what I'd call a "medium" size light.
Hmm you may look at this one (LINK). The only lights I've really looked at recently are Fenix lights, so there are other options out there definitely.

$129 on Amazon 32 reviews with 5 star rating Amazon Link

Originally Posted by Amazon Reviewer
First let me say I love flashlights. I own all kinds and brands and I am always looking for the next cool light. But of all the brands I have or have had, this is my first of the Fenix brand. I am so impressed that I am making this my first Amazon review.

Build Quality: Very very nice. The flashlight feels solid in my hand. It has plenty of knurling so that even when wet it will be easy to hold onto. The light is smaller then you would expect, being an eight AA light. The flashlight uses a carriage to hold the batteries. When loaded and inside the flashlight there was no rattle. It is rated to IPX-8 waterproof standards to 2 meters (6.5 feet).

Light Output: Wow! Seriously, WOW! 800 lumens in the turbo mode. It won't cook a cheeseburger from across the room but it looks like it could! This flashlight is just stupid bright. It provides an enormous amount of light and throws this light very very far. I was able to illuminate a road sign 400+ yards away. While this is a "thrower" light more then a "flood" light, most practical use will be within 100 yards. This flashlight provides ample spill light so that it can be used for "area" work. If you enjoy seeing what your looking at and not a "wall of white", use one of the lower modes when working up close.

Battery Life: I found battery life to be very good as well. I was able to get over 2 hours runtime on turbo, with usable light for an hour afterwards. Very good considering how powerful the XM-L led emitter is. I am using NiMh AA batteries but the light supports alkaline and lithium disposable batteries as well.

My verdict: A top notch but expensive flashlight. I however find that it was worth the money. Fantastic build quality and insanely bright. I am very impressed with my first Fenix flashlight and would buy this brand again.

Quick Reply: EDC Flashlights