THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Dont Dive In Shallow Water(broke My Neck)

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 08:04 AM
formerly lamborado (1-12-2012)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dont Dive In Shallow Water(broke My Neck)

Not a big poster on here usually just reading info and posting kill stories hahah but, this is the reason ive been gone. So on labor day weekend me, my roomate and one of my "friends"(female) went to the lake in the roomy's boat, well while out there we re getting pretty lit drinking beer and tequila sounds gross i know but anyways im up on the shore talking to some old high school buddies, well i see my "friend" out in the water talkin to some people so i decide im gonna run into the water dive in swim up behind her and dunk her right...... well incase youre wondering i never made it i was running full speed took 3-4 steps into the water dove hit my head on bottom and broke my neck they picked me up put me in the boat we go home i walk around for the next 2 days thinking i just pulled something finally on the third day my friends talk me into going to the ER where i find out i fractured my C4 vertebrea and the doc tells me any wrong move and ill be paralyzed so 2 days later im on th OR table they cut my throat open drill out the broken vertebrea replace it with a cadaver bone and put a plate on my spine and screw it in fusing my C3, C4, and C5 disks together, surgery took like 6 hours then i stayed in the hospital for 5 days i think was released to home for bed rest, and now im back at work (i have an office job) im in a neck brace now until atleast oct 22 oh and this is all one handed typing so if something has an extra letter sorry but my whole left side is jacked up my left hand i can only use my thumb and index finger and it real weak and feels asleep all the time it wierd but anyways juat lettin you guys know thats been my life for like the last month this is a great year for me, in the last 6 months ive gotten divorced, blew up the trans in my truck, and broke my neck.....starting to sound like a fuggin country song
Old 09-29-2008, 08:27 AM
Need More N2O Mod

that doesn't sound like fun at all. yeah drinking usually makes you think of some great ideas. well they were great at the time. hope you recover quickly. One of my best friends works in mcalester at the depot and lives in atoka.
Old 09-29-2008, 08:28 AM
Where's the Beef?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear. Glad your okay tho. I know first hand that it's not a cool situation to be in. Really changes your look on things.
Old 09-29-2008, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by mwalls54
that doesn't sound like fun at all. yeah drinking usually makes you think of some great ideas. well they were great at the time. hope you recover quickly. One of my best friends works in mcalester at the depot and lives in atoka.
thanks man, yea i work there too i give all the drug tests
Originally Posted by viciousknid
Sorry to hear. Glad your okay tho. I know first hand that it's not a cool situation to be in. Really changes your look on things.
thanks man, yea i know you do, and you're right i wont be doin any dumb **** like that again.
Old 09-29-2008, 08:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Man, sucks that happen. At least you're walkin' and talkin'- Could've been worse...
Old 09-29-2008, 09:13 AM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thats been my life for like the last month this is a great year for me, in the last 6 months Ive gotten divorced, blew up the trans in my truck, and broke my neck.....starting to sound like a fuggin country song
Damn man, I have known 3 other people to do the same thing, diving off the dock, a boat or a tree swing. One of them had to wear one of those "Halos" for over 18 months. Having your vertebrae swapped has got to be extremely painful I didn't even know they could do that!
I have broken my neck and back but nothing as serious as that, I only had to wear a brace for ~2 years. Be careful of the pain meds and recover quickly. You are lucky to have survived!
Old 09-29-2008, 09:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

dang. glad to see your ok and on your way to recovering.
Old 09-29-2008, 09:34 AM
High on diesel fumes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry to hear about this man, you're lucky that it wasn't worse. I had a good buddy try to jump his mountain bike off a picnic table. He didn't lift the front wheel and went over and landed straight down on top of his head. He fractured a couple of vertebrae too and ended up in a halo for 6 months. We decorated him with Christmas lights, put a velcro monkey on it, and put Jack in the Box antenna ***** on top of the posts. It was also fun to come up behind him and tap him on the shoulder, then stay directly behind him as he turned around, since he couldn't turn his neck. I hope your friends are nicer to you
Old 09-29-2008, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by buzzkillwill
Man, sucks that happen. At least you're walkin' and talkin'- Could've been worse...
yea no crap
Originally Posted by trever1t
Damn man, I have known 3 other people to do the same thing, diving off the dock, a boat or a tree swing. One of them had to wear one of those "Halos" for over 18 months. Having your vertebrae swapped has got to be extremely painful I didn't even know they could do that!
I have broken my neck and back but nothing as serious as that, I only had to wear a brace for ~2 years. Be careful of the pain meds and recover quickly. You are lucky to have survived!
thanks man, well im not big on taking pills and i dont take the narcs until im relly hurting, plus im a drug test coordinator, so getting hooked on pills isnt really a good career move for me
Originally Posted by SimpleManLance
dang. glad to see your ok and on your way to recovering.
thanks man i appreciate it.
Originally Posted by thunder550
Sorry to hear about this man, you're lucky that it wasn't worse. I had a good buddy try to jump his mountain bike off a picnic table. He didn't lift the front wheel and went over and landed straight down on top of his head. He fractured a couple of vertebrae too and ended up in a halo for 6 months. We decorated him with Christmas lights, put a velcro monkey on it, and put Jack in the Box antenna ***** on top of the posts. It was also fun to come up behind him and tap him on the shoulder, then stay directly behind him as he turned around, since he couldn't turn his neck. I hope your friends are nicer to you
well i had the option of surgery or a halo but they said a halo might not work then id have to have surgery anyways, and no my ******* friends do the same **** my brace has a hole in the front and the back well i caught them trying to write glory hole on it while i was sleeping, also they let me walk around with food on my shirt cuz i cant look down and see it hahahah nothin like good friends right.
Old 09-29-2008, 12:05 PM
TECH Addict

Sorry to hear about your misfortune man! Just thank your lucky stars that you'll recover fully. Vertebra injuries are usually only millimeters away from paralysis or death.

Quick Reply: Dont Dive In Shallow Water(broke My Neck)