THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Custom Insurance Policies

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2016, 02:10 PM
Admin

Received 216 Likes on 172 Posts
Default Custom Insurance Policies

Who has one and how are they setup? I am looking at options and have a friend who is also. Just wondering what everyone's experience is with them and if you have any suggestions? I know there are a lot of guys with a lot tied up in their truck so I am sure people have them.
Old 04-26-2016, 05:55 PM
Launching!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 03sierraslt
Who has one and how are they setup? I am looking at options and have a friend who is also. Just wondering what everyone's experience is with them and if you have any suggestions? I know there are a lot of guys with a lot tied up in their truck so I am sure people have them.
Sub'd. I'd like to know as well, if it's not so bad I'd like to have this setup for mine.
Old 04-26-2016, 07:39 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have my 03 Silverado SS insured for an amount. It only books at something like 15k-18k. I set it up with Country Insurance to the value of the truck. It is setup for 40k of value. You just have to pay more for the insurance.

For example my 2012 Silverado LTZ 6.2 is something like $480/6months for full coverage. My 03' SSS is like $575/6months for the full 40k coverage.
Old 04-26-2016, 09:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Per month or for ever 6 mos? I have USAA for my custom 68 cutlass s with 440 for 410/ for 6 mos
Old 04-26-2016, 10:35 PM
Hunt&Fisherator

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I've got custom insurance on two vintage motorcycles Pat. It's easy. They just basically want you to declare a value and take pics (at least that's how Farmers did it) it raised my bike insurance from 125/yr to 200/yr on each, and they're both insured to 25K.

All I know is I've been dealing with USAA for the past month since someone was kind enough to run down the side of my Crew Cab truck. **** THEM. They have 45 layers of bullshit to go thru to get anything accomplished and you can't get a straight answer from anyone. Call the 800 number and you talk to who knows who, in who knows where, that knows absolutely dick about your claim. It's a certified joke. If something happens to anything I have insured, I pick up the phone and talk to someone down the road and handle it. No third party BS, nothing gets sub'd out. Anyway, there's my USAA rant. They're officially on my ****-list.
Old 04-27-2016, 03:21 AM

Received 216 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by About20ninj45
Per month or for ever 6 mos? I have USAA for my custom 68 cutlass s with 440 for 410/ for 6 mos

Man you need to look into classic insurance. My 69 camaro is insured for 50k and i think i pay around 220 per year.
Old 04-27-2016, 09:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I can't complain about being a USAA member. I don't go through hassles, bs, or hood or hurdles. Have had 2 vehicles in accidents, totaled, and both claims were settled in less than 6 days with a payout on my end. @txsilverado , you forget, I'm in Michigan, highest car insurance premiums from no fault policies and unlimited medical benefits, so everyone in Michigan pays a high premium.

I've had bad luck dealing with insurance companies from other drivers that have hit and run... Those companies claim that without a police report, they can't process a claim untill they speak to the policy holder and actually declare that they hit you, before they do anything. One time a guy backed right into my denali at 15 mph as I was coming out of a store. I just seen it, ran over to the guy and he tried to take off... Not realizing he was still in reverse, he floored it again delivering another blow to the truck. I ran in front of his vehicle and called the police... What do you know, it's shift changed.. Waited an hour for the police and they didn't show for whatever reason, so the guy left me his info and contact, which was all bogus.. Thank God I was smart enough to take a pic of his plate and Vin, otherwise I would have been screwed and been on the hook for 5000 worth of damage...his insurance company, tried to fight my claim... I even told them there was video recording of the incident from the stores security cameras. The store said they were willing to give a copy of the footage to the insurance company... Insurance company (state farm) said they wouldn't look at it. Told me without a police report I had to wait until they contacted him. The guy changed his number.. And never reported it....
Old 04-27-2016, 11:19 AM

Received 216 Likes on 146 Posts

damn. I'll let you borrow a bat to take 5,000 out of his ***. medical bills add up fast. I had something similar.

old man backed into me in a parking lot he hauled *** and I grabbed a plate. police contacted him and got his insurance info for me. insurance told me that the man wouldn't accept responsibility so they couldn't pay out. luckily both of us were insured with allstate. I had to threaten the rep to pull my 4 cars and motorcycle policy out from under them so they could take care of the crook with only one car on their policy.

they paid for my repairs, and I immediately switched insurance companies once I got my check after seeing how they do business. I caught geico screwing me on my rates, but anytime I have a claim there is no beating around the bushes. they take good care of me.

lesson of the day, insurance companies are out to screw you and you should shop insurance yearly.

Last edited by TXsilverado; 04-27-2016 at 11:58 AM.
Old 04-27-2016, 12:24 PM
Hunt&Fisherator

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

In my case, a USAA member hit myself and 3 other vehicles in a parking lot while we were not inside our truck. I was greeted by tow trucks and police lights when we walked out to the vehicle. Police report was completed and filed, responsibility was assumed by USAA, the whole 9 yards.... Throughout this whole ordeal I've yet to speak to the actual adjuster that was assigned my claim. They have fought tooth and nail to not pay for the whole repair or my whole rental bill since I wasn't using one of their "approved shops" I took my truck to the body shop I've used for years. I know the techs and I know their work, as well as the family that owns the place. I was told that I was free to take it wherever I wanted. But they have fought me to the point and made everything so difficult to get resolved that I've had to send them correspondence from my lawyer. That's not where I want it to go by any means, but they knew they were trying to get to me, if not, they wouldn't have changed their tune once they received that letter. $50 well spent IMO.

It may not be the case with everyone's experience with them but they'll never get a dime from me and I'll make sure everyone I know is aware of how they do business with people who aren't one of their members. One lady I talked to had the ***** to ask me if I was interested in an insurance quote for myself right in the middle of talking about how dissatisfied I had been with the whole ordeal. It was almost funny...
Old 05-01-2016, 09:59 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 303 Likes on 220 Posts

I have had farmers for 30 years. a few years ago i was forced off the road by someone and never got the info farmers payed the claim for over 9k no questions asked. a month after i got it out of the shop i hydroplaned on the freeway and hit another truck. my truck was another 8k damage.. farmers pid the claim again as well....no questions asked. my payment went up $20 a month after the second accident but they took care of me with no hassles.

Quick Reply: Custom Insurance Policies