THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Come at me bro... Initiating street races?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2014, 08:22 AM
Truck Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

They may just not want to race. People never leave me alone when I am in the TBSS, which cams pretty hard. Revving at me, taking off fast, then falling back, etc I just ignore it. Maybe it's a sign of being old but the only racing I do is at the track, street racing just isn't worth getting hurt or losing a license.
Old 05-22-2014, 09:08 AM

Received 61 Likes on 60 Posts

I don't get anyone comin after me either... not that I'm really lookin for it but I wouldnt mind a little fun from time to time
Old 05-22-2014, 11:31 AM
Slowest turbo build ever!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the same issue. Before when my truck was basically stock, I'd get a few here and there. Ever since I got the cam done, pretty much no one even gives me a second look. And it's not like you can even tell im cammed unless im in a parking lot in PARK, has a decent little lope to it. Otherwise sounds stock.
Old 05-23-2014, 12:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

sounds like yall need to put everyone of those pissin on ________ stickers on the back so you **** off every one and they start wanting to race you.
Old 05-23-2014, 01:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

maybe because your in canada.

We just drive fast everywhere in texas.
Old 05-23-2014, 02:16 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well you wont want to try playing on the streets here in Ontario, **** the first sink hole of a pot hole you hit isn't gonna feel so nice at 50 plus mph lol keep it at the track boys
Old 05-23-2014, 11:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by smokeshow
Street racing is illegal.
this thread is all hypothetically speaking

Originally Posted by josueh95
i usually am the one that people try to race instead of me trying to race others...its usually because i have a tahoe nd the silverado guys think its slow...they usually cruise next to me at same speed then drop it to 1st and rev it up a couple of times..then thats when the race gets started..i usually surprise the trucks and have beaten many of them before since im cammed, tuned, and full bolt ons, now im waiting to get my 3200 stall and really get those trucks from a dig...have you tried lowering to first gear and reving it?
for me to roll beside someone in first to rev itd have to be below like 25mph, however I have tried in other gears!

Originally Posted by bobfig
sounds like yall need to put everyone of those pissin on ________ stickers on the back so you **** off every one and they start wanting to race you.
maybe a "fresh" sticker crooked on my back window, an NHRA and a magnaflow sticker might help too

Originally Posted by thewrx
maybe because your in canada.

We just drive fast everywhere in texas.

haha that could be it, everyone is stuck in icey road mentality and forget they can drive faster
Old 05-24-2014, 06:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

took the truck for a cruise last night and I constantly had people revving it up beside me at lights, trying to race me. I was downtown and my truck is really loud so I was a good boy but when I am on the highway or outskirts of town I am always on the lookout. lol
Old 05-24-2014, 07:40 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bobfig
this is probably the best way, although I have a snail turbo on my back window. I think it scares some people.

lots of stickers on the back will help, just looks like ****
Old 05-24-2014, 09:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

"wow that thing is a piece of ****" usually works w anyone. Lol

Now I let them rev and fly by then I'll switch it to 4x4 and down into 3rd. Leave the light at the same speed and about half through the intersection they lay into it and I follow to pass then shut down mid 2nd gear. When they pull up I always am laughing very loud and obnoxiously.

Quick Reply: Come at me bro... Initiating street races?