PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/)
-   THE TRUCK STOP (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/truck-stop-133/)
-   -   Come at me bro... Initiating street races? (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/truck-stop-133/come-me-bro-initiating-street-races-514618/)

AUTOT3K 02-22-2013 09:22 PM

Come at me bro... Initiating street races?

hey guys,
I dont know if its the area I'm at or if I'm missing some key point.
I can never seem to get a street race going!
I'll pull up beside mr dodge ram doosh /w the flowmaster muffler and calvin pissing on a bow tie sticker...giver a little rev and then he leisurely leaves from the light. so maybe the cam lope scared him off? :madcat:
then other times they decide we're racing without letting me know..by flooring it off the light then I gotta play catch up. :troll:

what would your suggestions be?
how do you guys get things initiated?

Sexyrado327 02-22-2013 10:14 PM

when its someone I really wana get I roll down the window and start screamin HEY till they look and signal a go on green. Or if its from a roll ill put it in gear and give a few stomps till they get the idea and signal three honks

AUTOT3K 02-22-2013 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by LilRedRidingHood (Post 5070115)
when its someone I really wana get I roll down the window and start screamin HEY till they look and signal a go on green. Or if its from a roll ill put it in gear and give a few stomps till they get the idea and signal three honks

I may try the yelling over thing! and rather then a light rev...perhaps i'll really lay into it haha
do you get into much on the street where your from?

Sexyrado327 02-22-2013 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by AUTOT3K (Post 5070123)
I may try the yelling over thing! and rather then a light rev...perhaps i'll really lay into it haha
do you get into much on the street where your from?

Somedays yeah man cuz my trucks cammed as well pretty choppy! but it'll mostly be all the little high school kids with their stock trucks with nothing but an intake and exhaust. I ignore all them their just a waste of a take off but once in a while a good run pulls up:troll:

GREENSIERRA 02-22-2013 10:47 PM

The lift gets people looking at my truck, the lope puzzles people wondering is it really fast or just sound fast???
So I get people wanting to race just to see if it is or isnt and sometimes im down to show them and sometimes im not.

AUTOT3K 02-22-2013 11:00 PM

Im thinking the cam lope is almost my down fall, so far at least.
like the dodge ram guy I mentioned earlier, you know on a normal sounding truck he probly wouldve tried...but because of the sound he probly knew it wouldnt end well, I guess it is also kinda earlier in the season, not even march yet!
I think tomorrow evening i'm gonna head downtown and see what I can find, and this evening I just received an update from bbp from a previous log so lets see how much better hes got it

AUTOT3K 05-21-2014 11:08 PM

I thought I'd dig this one up, I still don't have much luck haha. now I've added the heads and trac bars.
I've tried flat out asking, revving at the lights, revving beside them :rage:

smokeshow 05-21-2014 11:55 PM

Street racing is illegal.

dick_landy 05-22-2014 12:25 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I can't take mine out without someone trying, but mine looks like it wants the challenge.

Attachment 157257

josueh95 05-22-2014 12:34 AM

i usually am the one that people try to race instead of me trying to race others...its usually because i have a tahoe nd the silverado guys think its slow...they usually cruise next to me at same speed then drop it to 1st and rev it up a couple of times..then thats when the race gets started..i usually surprise the trucks and have beaten many of them before since im cammed, tuned, and full bolt ons, now im waiting to get my 3200 stall and really get those trucks from a dig...have you tried lowering to first gear and reving it?