THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Buying Iraqi Dinar good idea?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 10:26 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's just like investing in stocks man. If people say a stock is going to increase, there's just as likely a chance it will also decrease. Stock prices reflect all known current information and the price even takes into account some speculation and insider trading. No one knows a stock is going to go up and you can't beat the market unless you discover some form of arbitrage(riskless profit)

Currency, commodities, futures, etc. It's all just glorified gambling.
Old 12-09-2009, 01:08 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by thiems
Do you really think that will happen? Honestly? Do you know how much 'wealth' that would instantly create? Not going to happen. You haven't done your research. The Iraqi Dinar isn't even openly traded so you have to buy it from eBay, etc. If you are buying the Saddam Iraqi Dinar, you are buying toilet paper as it is now worthless.

Alas, everyone gets these get rich scheme's in their heads and usually wastes a good chunk of change. Over night success usually takes about 15 years anyway.
Honesty I kind of figured I wasn't going to acquire thousands by doing this,but I would be happy with a $200 dollar profit or even a $100 dollar profit over the $164 I spent.The money I received isn't the one with the sadam face on it it is the new money after they said the money with sadam pictures was worthless
Old 12-09-2009, 01:09 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by RandomHero
It's just like investing in stocks man. If people say a stock is going to increase, there's just as likely a chance it will also decrease. Stock prices reflect all known current information and the price even takes into account some speculation and insider trading. No one knows a stock is going to go up and you can't beat the market unless you discover some form of arbitrage(riskless profit)

Currency, commodities, futures, etc. It's all just glorified gambling.
yeah man I hear you that is why I invested so little on it.If it were to happen that is nice and if it doesn't well I don't lose too much.
Old 12-09-2009, 01:14 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by garcia
yeah man I hear you that is why I invested so little on it.If it were to happen that is nice and if it doesn't well I don't lose too much.
It's not, be happy if you gain $3-4.

There's a small theory that if you invest early and enough people also begin investing, it would drive the price up(this would have to be a huge number). However, if you get in too late(mostly people like you who "heard" about it) the price is likely to correct itself and the price will go down further.

It's kind of a Ponzi scheme in a sense.
Old 12-10-2009, 03:27 AM
TECH Resident

Next time invest in Nordstrom..or Best Buy after Circuit City went public about having problems to make some real moneys.
Old 12-10-2009, 11:45 PM
Tribe Shaman

i have already tried to buy a few thousand in U.S. for dinars.
at that time it would have been 70000 to every 1000.
i was told the iraq banks would not release to over seas, they would not sell to us soliders in iraq, and that their money was sealed. till the iraq goverment was in full control of their own country.
any firm that offered or is offering iraq dinars for us dollars need to be looked in to or stay away from.
Old 12-10-2009, 11:54 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by LMSeven
Next time invest in Nordstrom..or Best Buy after Circuit City went public about having problems to make some real moneys.
Neither of those have been doing very well. I'm confused?
Old 12-11-2009, 01:16 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by PappyDan
i have already tried to buy a few thousand in U.S. for dinars.
at that time it would have been 70000 to every 1000.
i was told the iraq banks would not release to over seas, they would not sell to us soliders in iraq, and that their money was sealed. till the iraq goverment was in full control of their own country.
any firm that offered or is offering iraq dinars for us dollars need to be looked in to or stay away from.
What do you mean sealed like not being able to use? Yeah I used this website called dinartrade.com and the main man is from California and 3 days I received the dinar.
Old 12-11-2009, 02:06 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by RandomHero
Neither of those have been doing very well. I'm confused?
JWN has gone up 165.99% and Best Buy 53.12%. Bought JWN @ $13.35 and it's now @ 35.51/share and BB was $28.22 and is now $43.21. Nordstrom Inc has been doing well over the past year:
Old 12-11-2009, 02:15 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by LMSeven
JWN has gone up 165.99% and Best Buy 53.12%. Bought JWN @ $13.35 and it's now @ 35.51/share and BB was $28.22 and is now $43.21. Nordstrom Inc has been doing well over the past year:
Did you happen to buy around march 9th of this year or close to it? I should have chosen my words better in saying they weren't doing very well, but they aren't doing anything special compared to the rest of the market. Nearly every stock has had a solid increase since the low point in March.

Quick Reply: Buying Iraqi Dinar good idea?