THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

best "beat by a truck excuses"

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 07:11 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

a guy at work has a stock 94 BMW m3, he talks **** all of the time saying he will race anyone for money anytime but everytime someone tells him they will race he says he cant because his wheel bearings are going bad
Old 01-16-2009, 08:19 PM
9 Second Truck Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I beat a modded WS6 and his excuse was that he had a passenger, also ran an SRT 10 and he said he lost cause he was stock.
Old 01-16-2009, 08:28 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tarinitup
also ran an SRT 10 and he said he lost cause he was stock.
I only have a 500hp v10 gosh
Old 01-16-2009, 08:52 PM
TECH Resident

back in highschool i race a kid a in my class with a WRX "that claimed to run mid 13" Well i ended up pulling on him back 2 lengh. my buddy told him that proves his car doesn't run mid 13s, but he still thought it ran mid 13s cause that what it said on the internet. i told then my truck most ran 13 too( and my truck being all stock). then he said whatever **** you guys I WAS RUNNING LOW BOOST.
Old 01-16-2009, 08:55 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hahaha, I havent heard excuses. They either punk out, or just turn off. I raced a mustang that missed 2nd gear and he didnt even say anything beside "nice truck, man" haha, I asked what he had done and he said "intake and exhaust, good run".
Old 01-17-2009, 01:10 AM
TECH Regular

about two weeks after i got mine i was at the track, it was about closing time, mostly everyone had left, i saw this lt1 vette makin passes and i asked my buddies if they had ever seen a fullsize truck beat a vette, i jumped in mine and pulled up to the staging lanes, there was two guys in it (both wearing helmets ?) and i asked him if we wanted to see what they would do, he said " A truck? haha ok" i beat him by 8 tenths. when i parked my truck, he come by and didnt even stop, he just proceeded to leave the track. lt1 vettes are weak as water, but at least i can say i beat a vette, lol.
Old 01-17-2009, 02:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I've never really gotten an excuse.

When i was stock i killed an early 90s integra and the guy came to see what i had done to the truck...then just walked away with his head down.

The other was when my truck got on TV. Some lame sports show was doing a topic on sacramento raceway's wednesday fun drags and the dude there seemed surprised that i was racing a truck. I actually ended up getting more coverage then a guy with an 11 second Z06. lol

Anyhow, i raced a convertable GT mustang and the dude had no skills. My slow *** truck left him in the dust for about half track(when they stopped filming). His excuse was that it was his first time at the track, but he left what felt like a full second after me. lol.
Old 01-17-2009, 02:47 AM
Staging Lane

Evo MR - "I had regular gas instead of premium in it"

hahahahahaha

(I diddnt race him btw, my buddy did in a crew cab dmax on his economy tune)
Old 01-17-2009, 07:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

96-98 Mustang cobra convertable with a couple guy started messing around one night while my girlfriend was driving, I was riding, I told her wait till after the curve in the road and go get em, we pull beside at about 30-35 and he guns it and gets a jump she hits it and starts to pull on him till have to stop for a redlight, I told him to pull over so we can switch drivers and lets do it from a stop, we finally pull over and he's talking all kinds of crap about his car and this and that making excuses I told im driving now and says so i'll still kill that piece of %$#@ and takes off spinning tires out the parking lot. I hop in and follow while opening the bottle(it was off when she was messing with him) catch and get to light and its on, he takes off blowing the tires off and I hit some rough pavement and start wheel hopping, when I finally stop spinning I blow by like he's sitting still. Next he's says there is no way a truck can have enough power to beat him! I said ok, lets do it again! this time I hook and he's a distant memory,he turns off at the next light!
Old 01-17-2009, 07:34 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PappyDan
my bottle was not turned on.
I remember someone giving Parish that excuse....and it is on video somewhere.

Quick Reply: best "beat by a truck excuses"