THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Autozone is full of f***ing retards

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2007, 02:12 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Autozone is full of f***ing retards

Am I an idiot for wanting a job at Autozone? Probably

I figured it would be a job I might enjoy and hopefully I could help out a few people with questions and problems.

So I applied and have been calling all the local stores trying to set up an interview.

I sat on the ******* phone for 57 god damn minutes(don't worry I had it on speaker phone, i'm not that dumb) and got put on hold 4 times before the manager picked up the phone and told me I had an interview tuesday at 4. It took him 10 goddamn seconds to tell me that.

Like I said, I know I'll be working with a bunch of low life high school drop outs, but I figure it may be something I can enjoy since I like helping people out with their vehicles, and hopefully I can get a few discounts here and there and save some money.
Old 05-17-2007, 02:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hate AZ, we were forced to deal with them as a first call when I was a service manager, their first answer always seemed to be, "dealer item"... if it wasn't motor oil or an air filter (some oil filters qualified) we seemed to get the standard answer, either that or "we can have it in 3 days"... idiots.. my customer's car is torn down in my shop and they want it ready for when they get off of work, you aren't helping. Then call Carquest and I had it delivered within 30 minutes.
Old 05-17-2007, 02:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

i feel your pain
Old 05-17-2007, 02:48 PM
TECH Addict

Mark, you have taken on a daunting task. It is now your responsibility to turn the entire Autozone chain around. The power lies with you and with you alone...good luck!
Old 05-17-2007, 02:54 PM
Resident Retard

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by thiems
Mark, you have taken on a daunting task. It is now your responsibility to turn the entire Autozone chain around. The power lies with you and with you alone...good luck!

The only reason I go to AZ is to reset the CEL codes, other than that I go to Oreilly's because the idiot ratio is less than that of Autozone.
Old 05-17-2007, 04:20 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by RandomHero
Am I an idiot for wanting a job at Autozone? Probably

I figured it would be a job I might enjoy and hopefully I could help out a few people with questions and problems.

So I applied and have been calling all the local stores trying to set up an interview.

I sat on the ******* phone for 57 god damn minutes(don't worry I had it on speaker phone, i'm not that dumb) and got put on hold 4 times before the manager picked up the phone and told me I had an interview tuesday at 4. It took him 10 goddamn seconds to tell me that.

Like I said, I know I'll be working with a bunch of low life high school drop outs, but I figure it may be something I can enjoy since I like helping people out with their vehicles, and hopefully I can get a few discounts here and there and save some money.

God I hope your local AutoZone guys dont read this forum
Old 05-17-2007, 04:52 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Brian@JPA
God I hope your local AutoZone guys dont read this forum
Let's hope not. Worst case scenario, I won't get the job. It ******* pissed me off though when I talked to some guy who transfered me right away to the store manager. Then the manager put my on hold while he "brought up my file" 10 minutes later someone picks up the phone telling me "Hi this is Autozone, how can I help you" The damn manager forgot about me. Oh well, I'll be working mostly weekends there if I get the job so I don't think I'll have to deal with that guy.

I figure even with all of this, it's better than working at some fast food joint or a grocery store.
Old 05-17-2007, 05:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yea then you can look up part numbers for us....
Old 05-17-2007, 07:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

i went in there the other day to get a relay for my nitrous.. and i go up and say i need this relay its for a nitrous kit and the first thing out of their mouth is what year make and model is the vehicle..and i said again its for a nitrous kit..then he goes off well then i cant help you with this..i said you got to be kidding me and walked out///the only reason i went to AZ to get this is because it was on a sunday and my hometown parts store was closed...the next day i went to my local parts store and told mark(my parts guy) i need this relay and he glanced at it and went and got one..
Old 05-17-2007, 07:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

I went there and gave me crap for buying TR55 for my truck. They again asked for make, model and year, then he begins to tell me that he has never heard of any one running these plugs and that I will have all kinds of problems. What a joke!

Quick Reply: Autozone is full of f***ing retards