THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Anyone had a problem ordering from DMH?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 12:30 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Allright, I'm bringing this one back up to the top as now I'm getting pissy. I finally got around to installing my cutout about a month or so ago and the damn thing didn't work right out of the box. Power and ground is good in both directions, and when I bench tested the cutout the motor just sorta clicked and didn't operate the butterfly. So I sent them(him) an email, to which I got no response, then UPS'd the cutout, and have tried to call numerous times but always get a busy signal. It's been over a month since I sent the damn thing and I haven't heard a word back...DOES ANYBODY KNOW OF ANY WAY TO GET IN TOUCH WITH DMH??? I'm losing my patience here...
Old 05-16-2011, 12:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I sent one back about a month ago and called him back last week. Lost the box, found it and said one would be shipped back that day. Haven't received it yet but we will see. He is a real nice guy just hard to get ahold of sometimes.

I don't bother sending messages. Just call ever few hours or so (during normal business hours) until he answers. He will set things straight.
Old 05-16-2011, 01:09 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah I'm kinda done with that guy. Sent mine back 3-30-11 because the butterfly was wearing out. It was signed for on 4-4-11. I haven't heard from him or got it back yet. I'm just gonna get a Doug's
Old 05-16-2011, 01:58 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

I've dealt with this from day 1...never ever even spoken with the fella. Every time I call I get a busy signal and it's very frustrating. I honestly have never had his phone ring for me. Eveything that I've heard and read here states that he has the best cutouts, but mine was inoperative right out of the box, and now I can't get in touch with the guy to see what the problem is, not to mention, I'm eating the shipping to get the damn thing to his shop. I mean, jesus christ, how hard is it to slap a new cutout in a box, or bolt a new motor to my current cutout and ship it to Jersey?
Old 05-16-2011, 02:15 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess I should call him and try to get mine back but I'm not gonna waste all my time trying to get ahold of him.
Old 05-16-2011, 02:18 PM
Baltimore Whore

DMH is one of the hardest companies to get ahold of.. They have been OOS on a ton of there items, so have a lot of vendors for them.. They are a little shop from what I gather.. You could try out a badlanz cut out,..
Old 05-16-2011, 11:05 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Originally Posted by Mangled03gmc
DMH is one of the hardest companies to get ahold of.. They have been OOS on a ton of there items, so have a lot of vendors for them.. They are a little shop from what I gather.. You could try out a badlanz cut out,..
I would but I'm broke and already bought this one...I was tempted to pull it apart myself after how long I waited for it in the first place, but didn't want to open it up and void the warranty. 4 years is a great warranty, but what good is it if the damn cutout spends 3 of those years sitting on this guy's work bench.

I did finally get the phone to ring this afternoon, which makes me feel a little better that he at least has a working phone. Of course I had to leave a message, which I'm sure won't be returned. I have no idea how this guy stays in business with this kind of customer service, I can honestly say that this is the worst customer service that I've had with absolutely any part or service that I've payed for in regards to this truck.
Old 05-16-2011, 11:51 PM
makes children cry

Received 399 Likes on 326 Posts

i'm supposed to be studying for a test in the morning, so i didn't really read all of this, but i wanted to vouch for DMH. i just bought a pair of e-cutouts for the vette a couple weeks ago - over the phone, at that. it did take a few calls to get a hold of somebody, but it was worth it. great service & they were sitting in my living room before the charge even hit my bank statement. just got them welded up on Fri & holy cow, they're awesome!! great quality & i expect years of greatness from them. the 4 year warranty is also a great perk
Old 05-17-2011, 07:59 AM
PT's Slowest Truck

Originally Posted by zebra86
i'm supposed to be studying for a test in the morning, so i didn't really read all of this, but i wanted to vouch for DMH. i just bought a pair of e-cutouts for the vette a couple weeks ago - over the phone, at that. it did take a few calls to get a hold of somebody, but it was worth it. great service & they were sitting in my living room before the charge even hit my bank statement. just got them welded up on Fri & holy cow, they're awesome!! great quality & i expect years of greatness from them. the 4 year warranty is also a great perk
Glad to hear that it went so smoothly for you...maybe you can give him a call and let him know that Billy Ceralli from New Jersey is still waiting for his inoperative cutout to be returned to him, after waiting almost 3 months for it the first time around, and over a month and a half for a part that didn't work, right out of the box, to get back to me so I can get it installed before a BlackBear tuning session the weekend of June 10th.
Old 05-17-2011, 08:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so budhayes, are u running around now with an open cutout now that you sent the motor in? or do you have a different dd? I had to wait along time for my cutout but i heard dmh is the best so idk....good luck

Quick Reply: Anyone had a problem ordering from DMH?