THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Anyone ever taken a anger management course??

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2012, 11:08 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You should suggest to your boss that the idiots you work with take a class to cope with being yelled at. It would help everyone out, because let's face it, if you are yelling at them, someone else is it will be.

Seriously though, I work in a high stress job with an extremely high amount of idiots. The sad part is, you just need to not care. You get frustrated because you care, and they don't. If you weren't working there, someone would take your place, and the business would continue on. It might not be as productive or efficient, but it would continue to be there. If management wants to hire these people, they can't expect to get superior work out of them, so you shouldn't get frustrated when things don't work out. It took me a long time to realize that. Every other job I have had I have cared about. Every boss knew it, and they all liked me. I make more money at this job, and just look at it as a way to pay the bills.
Old 02-16-2012, 11:19 AM
Resident Retard

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Well let me add to this. The people i normally get mad at and loose my temper with are above me in salary grade. I personally dont care if they are a new hire or a director. I will express my opinion regardless.

The funny thing is the only person i control myself around is my wife. I never ever loose my temper her.
Old 02-16-2012, 11:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

did it, was more angry
Old 02-16-2012, 12:38 PM

Received 222 Likes on 148 Posts

anger management pisses me off.
Old 02-16-2012, 12:40 PM

Received 222 Likes on 148 Posts

lol, no really though. good excersize releases endorphins and endorphines make you happy. then after a really frustrating day at work its nice to go to the gym and push some crap around! i also like to strangle kittens. it makes me feel much better and i hear you have a few laying around!
Old 02-16-2012, 01:32 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TXsilverado
lol, no really though. good excersize releases endorphins and endorphines make you happy. then after a really frustrating day at work its nice to go to the gym and push some crap around! i also like to strangle kittens. it makes me feel much better and i hear you have a few laying around!

very true, even if its only 30-45 mins 3 days a week. working out helps release stress and makes you feel better about yourself.

Ya dealing with it after the fact is not the issue. My problem is Prevention.
Here you mention dealing with stress is not your problem. It's the moment talking with the other person you have trouble with. I would suggest getting advice from an expert. or do some research on the I-net.
Old 02-16-2012, 02:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

karate class, very relaxing, and u get to break **** too
Old 02-16-2012, 04:29 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackGMC
Well let me add to this. The people i normally get mad at and loose my temper with are above me in salary grade. I personally dont care if they are a new hire or a director. I will express my opinion regardless.

The funny thing is the only person i control myself around is my wife. I never ever loose my temper her.
That's probably a good thing since she's the gate keeper to the happy place.
Old 02-16-2012, 05:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Drowning kittens is very relaxing.
Old 02-16-2012, 05:21 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Frito Bandito
Drowning kittens is very relaxing.
So is clubbing baby seals

Quick Reply: Anyone ever taken a anger management course??