THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Anyone ever taken a anger management course??

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 07:31 PM
The House is Rockin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

start self medicating, and bring a bottle of whiskey with you to work.
Old 02-15-2012, 07:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I do more babysitting at my job then repairing machines, I would love to go back to electrical field work then fixing washing machines, steam tunnels, ironers and constantly showing people how to use the machines, I'm just known as the angry veteran at work
Old 02-15-2012, 07:38 PM
On The Tree

I've taking class 2x. Last one last yr. Had go twice a wk for a month 1hr session. I get really heated over simple ****. People not using common sense at work. Or just me freakin screwing lil **** up. An I get so mad I can visual see myself fighting someone while talkin to them. Classes did help but after 1-2months you forget
Old 02-15-2012, 08:15 PM
TECH Addict

I have had issues in the past. My wife has really helped work through most of it. She is pretty good at pushing my buttons, and it actually did me some good, still annoying though.

I would ask around about karate, MMA, or other fighting classes. I have some friends that struggled with stress/anger and started MMA training. It helped them a lot. It gave them an outlet and taught them some restraint.

I truly don't see an anger class doing much good.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:25 PM
TOWN CRIER

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I hire 200+ seasonal employees every year... I have more frustrating morons than not. I used to get pissed all the time and finally realized me getting pissed doesn't really affect them, only me. Don't really have any sound advice on how to get there but you just gotta let go, people will be people and you can't do **** about it.

I drink (maybe a bit much but **** it), play with cars or guns, or just go outside for 15-20 minutes when it builds up but as a general rule just let **** slide. I was known for years as the angry one and at this job people think I'm a damn teddy bear, much better wrap to have than the guy that might fly off the handle.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:33 PM
MASS seller approved

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

yeah i had to take anger management .. i only made it through two " sessions" and the shrink got mad at me and told me "You must leave at once", i didnt think someone who does anger management for a living could get so mad , but i changed to a different one when my sons mother and I seperated and she took em from me ,thats when i learned control because if i f ed up i would probably never saw him again..... best way for me to relax -working in garage on my stuff and strip club
Old 02-15-2012, 08:45 PM
02 w/ lowest mileage 2800

I just go for a run. If you run for long enough you'll forget why you were running in the first place....lol!
Old 02-15-2012, 08:58 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you're really that angry, anger management doesn't work. It's kind of like that "management" that you once worked under that was just a bunch of d-bags and knew/accomplished nothing--doesn't really work out. Join a fight club, if there's one around. Just talk to someone you actually like about the people that **** you off, just not people that are hired or paid to listen. I don't do meds, because that's not my thing. It's all about finding an outlet and channeling your anger there. You can't argue with stupid people, and you'll never, ever win. Take out your anger on something positive. You sound just like me. I CAN'T deal with stupid people, and there are too many of them around. Don't stoop to their level. Be civil and don't let them get the best of you or let them know they're bothering you.

I don't mean for this to be a damn rant, but I've dealt with how you feel A LOT and it's just a fact of life that I've learned to deal with.
Old 02-15-2012, 09:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

best anger management ever = taking a $20 dollar walmart bat and smashing the hell out of a tree, Works wonders, Running helps also. I know your wife is a health guru, try going on a walk with her. I guarantee you will feel much better. It's crazy how great you feel after a good workout/cardio session!
Old 02-15-2012, 09:06 PM
Resident Retard

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Ya dealing with it after the fact is not the issue. My problem is Prevention.

Quick Reply: Anyone ever taken a anger management course??