THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Android > iPhone

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 07:30 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the Droid and it is a awesome phone. iphone4 video calling blah blah, I can already do that using skype on my phone.

iphone is for the simple minded user

plus at&t has a crappy network, I never had issues with verizon and I am always working out in the county. Hell I had a good 3G coverage when I was fishing last week.
Old 07-21-2010, 08:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have sprint as a carrier and I have never had an issue with service or anything. Here at work we have these verizon wireless air cards, and those things work superb. WEnt down to corpus for the weekend a month or so back, and I had my buddy driving and I basically sat on the internet the ENTIRE way down to corpus from Austin. The air card never missed a beat. Great service for the most part.
Old 07-24-2010, 09:19 AM
On The Tree

Here is a great video! android vs iphone

http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1938055
Old 07-27-2010, 09:17 PM
Launching!

ok i got the captivate and it is a bad *** lil phone the only complaint i have is the text messaging, damn thing doesnt pop up u have to go look for it and im getting use to this keyboard, other then that i love it!
Old 07-27-2010, 09:31 PM
Wearin' da big hat

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr.Nobody
ok i got the captivate and it is a bad *** lil phone the only complaint i have is the text messaging, damn thing doesnt pop up u have to go look for it and im getting use to this keyboard, other then that i love it!
Text messaging is easy. You can slide the puzzle piece over at the lock screen to be taken directly to the message, or you can click messages and it takes you to the inbox, or you can pull down the task bar at the top of the screen to view ALL notifications (including texts, emails, etc.)
Old 07-27-2010, 09:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

just ordered the droid x
Old 07-27-2010, 09:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

My only complaint with the Evo and Im assume all android phones is that there isnt any instant facebook notification. I know my Blackberry would go off within a minute or so of something being posted on my wall etc. I have it so I get a email notification but that takes a while before I receive it. I also tried the txt notification, its quicker but still not like my blackberry(hate to say it )
Old 07-27-2010, 09:46 PM
Wearin' da big hat

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JakeBrakeIH
My only complaint with the Evo and Im assume all android phones is that there isnt any instant facebook notification. I know my Blackberry would go off within a minute or so of something being posted on my wall etc. I have it so I get a email notification but that takes a while before I receive it. I also tried the txt notification, its quicker but still not like my blackberry(hate to say it )
Easy answer there, battery life.

Instant notifications like that require constant server access, which means a whole lot more phone activity. Most PDA phones have settings for this, I haven't looked to see if my phone does. Instead of checking it once a minute and wasting battery life, it will check every 30 min or hour to help be more efficient.
Old 07-27-2010, 10:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 00ChevyScott
Easy answer there, battery life.

Instant notifications like that require constant server access, which means a whole lot more phone activity. Most PDA phones have settings for this, I haven't looked to see if my phone does. Instead of checking it once a minute and wasting battery life, it will check every 30 min or hour to help be more efficient.
Hmmm, Ive changed my email to refresh every 10 min during peak hours but still, nothing like the BB. I have tried to find some sort of remedy to solve this but Ive come up empty. If you do find something please share it!
Old 07-30-2010, 11:17 PM
Formerly S10dzl-07/27/10

i had an iphone, i had the motorola droid and now i have the htc evo, android blows apple out of the water hands down, the OS is so much faster and easier to use, The only thing with the evo is that battery life if poor but it is running one of the largest touch screens out there and has a 1ghz processor. i agree with jakebrake about the instant notifications, my old bbery used to alert me right away, but that is not something i particularly worry about, its and awesome phone and highly recommend any android phone out there

Quick Reply: Android > iPhone