THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Android > iPhone

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2010, 12:37 PM
Wearin' da big hat

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Android > iPhone

Just picked up a Samsung Captivate (aka Galaxy S) and it is AWESOME. Blows away my old iphone easily.

Android FTW
Old 07-17-2010, 12:41 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You must be bored, you realize you just started a war
Old 07-17-2010, 12:42 PM
Wearin' da big hat

There is NO contest between the two. Android phones are far superior.
Old 07-17-2010, 12:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's one of the first iphone users that actually converted from iphone to android and LIKED IT, most users dont convert. I am going to be getting my Sprint EVO probably in August. Ready to let go of the blackberry thats for sure
Old 07-17-2010, 12:48 PM
Wearin' da big hat

In my opinion (always thought of it this way), apple makes products for idiots. I liked my iphone and ipod, but the menus are way too simplified and they take choices away from you just to make it simpler.

I LIKE having the option to view every setting and every file. Already just looking through My Files on this new phone, it lists all the root folders and everything. It has built in memory as well as optional SD card support. It's just all around better.
Old 07-17-2010, 12:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Iphone did open the door for a lot of different things. Although the products are neat toys and so forth, I think android market is taking apples ideas and going in different directions with them. The Ipad was another good product that is going to have some seriously awesome use with more than just personal use. Laptops are going to be obsolete soon, and phones + pads are really going to be taking huge leaps. Desktops are already fizziling out, unless your a serious gamer. People are starting to replace laptops with ipads. Functionality is almost the same.
Old 07-17-2010, 12:55 PM
Wearin' da big hat

The iPad would've been awesome if it had been running an apple OS instead of the iPhone OS. It was originally supposed to but that got ditched for the iphone OS.

There are a lot of things I did like a lot about the iphone, such as the springboard, but the android seems to have taken that concept and completely upgraded it. You can actually put widgets on the android springboard. Like right now, I have a pandora widget which can play music straight off the springboard, no need to even open the app. As well as weather and sports scores and even news articles. I also love the pull down menu to quickly read texts and emails without stopping what I am doing.
Old 07-17-2010, 12:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I am interested to see what other functionality they start rolling these concepts out too. It'll be fun to check out some products in the next couple of years.
Old 07-17-2010, 09:27 PM
Banned

Well it's funny this thread was started today, I just noticed that my iTunes had an update for my 3gs. It's the 4.0

Either way, I went ahead and uploaded it and man this thing feels twice as fast! Also some cool updates, shows your background behind your apps and a ton of other stuff. I love it!
Old 07-17-2010, 09:35 PM
13 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by 1LOW4X4
Well it's funny this thread was started today, I just noticed that my iTunes had an update for my 3gs. It's the 4.0

Either way, I went ahead and uploaded it and man this thing feels twice as fast! Also some cool updates, shows your background behind your apps and a ton of other stuff. I love it!
Been out for weeks man!! haha Even with the background staying there and multi tasking, Ill stick with my jailbroken 3gs with all that stuff. Id like to check out the new phone tho.

Quick Reply: Android > iPhone