TOWING & OFFROAD PERFORMANCE Towing |Suspension | Wheels | Tires | Drivetrain |where the pavement ends.

Tow Mirror ideas. Need Help!

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2013, 01:07 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tow Mirror ideas. Need Help!

I've been thinking about putting a set of extending tow mirrors on my 1500. I'm concerned with which ones to buy. I'd like to have a set of tow mirrors that are power and include a blinker in them whether it is in the mirror or an amber marker on the side.

My problem is that I'm not sure if this is just plug and play with my truck. There are so many different option mirrors to choose from.

My truck has the power option, no turn signals, and a rear defroster (I read somewhere that works as the heated mirrors option, how true that is, is beyond me.)

Anyone who has done this conversion, or just knows about this, and I mean KNOWS about this please help. I don't need your opinions on if it "should" work.

Thanks for any help you guys can offer.
Old 06-17-2013, 11:54 AM
Teching In

I put a set of Schefenacker (ttt-mirror.com) mirrors on our '02 2500HD. They were plug and play and all the wiring was there, even though it didn't come factory with power mirrors, and the rear defrost does warm the mirrors as well. Unfortunately I can't comment on the signals as I didn't spend the extra $ to get them, though I probably should have....
They're great mirrors by the way, I highly recommend them. And they were cheaper than buying factory towing mirrors from the GM dealer. I'm told that they're out of production now, but if you can find a set they'd be worth having.
Old 06-19-2013, 02:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

I put kool vue mirrors on mine and they were plug and play
make sure you get the right year mirrors and it will just bolt and plug right in
Old 06-19-2013, 03:29 PM
TECH Regular

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Go for the factory mirrors like they put on the 06-07 hd's. those mirrors should have all the options you want and oem quality.
Old 06-19-2013, 11:42 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by GREENSIERRA
I put kool vue mirrors on mine and they were plug and play
make sure you get the right year mirrors and it will just bolt and plug right in
People were complaining that these mirrors were shaking at high speeds on the highway
Old 06-19-2013, 11:43 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Richardman1992
Go for the factory mirrors like they put on the 06-07 hd's. those mirrors should have all the options you want and oem quality.
I would love to, but any idea where I can find them cheap? They are pretty pricey. I could always check junkyards I suppose.
Old 06-20-2013, 12:12 PM
Teching In

i have an 07 classic, just replaced my factory power non-signal mirrors with a set of factory power signal and folding mirrors. the signal portion is plug a play, but the folding portion- a new driver's door swith assembly with the power folding option is needed for them to fold properly.
Old 06-20-2013, 12:14 PM
Teching In

look on craigslist. they go pretty cheap on there. i bought mine off ebay for $184 shipped, but missed out on a set on craigslist for $100- in my area
Old 06-20-2013, 05:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Silverado Street Machine
People were complaining that these mirrors were shaking at high speeds on the highway
my dad, brother and me all have these and I am the only one that has one mirror that shakes a little.
Old 06-21-2013, 08:54 PM
Staging Lane

I have Kool Vues on mine and the DS does not shake too bad....now the PS that's a different story. If I could do it again, I would just save and wait and get OEM mirrors.

Quick Reply: Tow Mirror ideas. Need Help!