TOWING & OFFROAD PERFORMANCE Towing |Suspension | Wheels | Tires | Drivetrain |where the pavement ends.

Load Leveling Setup or Air Lift Helper Bags??

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2012, 09:11 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Load Leveling Setup or Air Lift Helper Bags??

Hey guys I currently have a 2003 gmc sierra ext. cab 2wd. It is leveled out 2" in the rear. I am looking at buying a 8.5x20 v nose enclosed trailer soon. The trailer empty is right around 3200lbs. With my chevy colorado in the trailer it will be just shy of 6000lbs. This trailer will go on some long distance pulls, and it is a bumper pull trailer. My question is, I have a Load Leveling setup that i can use with the truck. It is the hitch, the two leveling bars, plus the extra adjustment bar on the side. Should i just use this for towing, or should i look into a Air lift helper bag setup as well. I know both would be overkill for my truck, but better safe then sorry. Has anyone had any experience with one or the other, or both of them at the same time. If it helps the truck has all brand new KYB heavy duty shocks all the way around. thanks for all the help

cory
Old 12-27-2012, 09:37 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Absolutely worth running both. The extra bar you're talking about is the sway control bar. Its very important on an enckosed trailer if you get into some crosswind or grooved pavement. Since youre towing relatively light it should be find with the LD hitch but helper bags make the ride so much better, I did both for my 20' enclosed trailer like yours except its not a V nose and it made a huge difference. Pleasure to tow now. Might look into tow mirrors as its against the law in some states to not have them when pulling a trailer thats full legal width.
Old 12-28-2012, 04:27 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for the info, i also have the ext. tow mirrors as well. Air lift has a really good deal on helper bags kits right now, so i might as well scoop a kit up.