TOWING & OFFROAD PERFORMANCE Towing |Suspension | Wheels | Tires | Drivetrain |where the pavement ends.

Another clearance thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 08:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by InchUp
I've worked in the tire business since I was 16, believe me, I know how to mount a tire. No amount of road force balancing will ever get me to put hard earned money into a BFGoodrich All-Terrain tire again. I bought a set when I was young and stupid, and now 5 years later they're in the corner of the garage with motors on them because that's all I found a use for them. I don't think it would be a stretch to say I've seen 1000 BFG AT's in my experiences of mounting and balancing them. Again, I say, it's unfortunate that they're so popular when there are many MANY more tire choices out there that ride smoother and balance better.
I agree that there maybe some out there that balance better but there aren't many that pull as hard as the BFGs in the FL mud, I think the BFG AT is the closest mud tire you can get without going to a true MT. If I were buying a AT for the Streets only it would be a Goodyear wrangler AT/S.
Old 06-20-2008, 07:51 PM
Launching!

Well a little update: Got a CST front kit with new coils and A-arms. It will be good for 3" up front. Just going to use the stock shackle out back, should be level. Called up Discount Tire. They price matched Tire Rack, so i'll be getting the Bridgestone A/T Revo's for 166 a pc. in a 285/70/17. Should have it together in a few weeks. Ill post some before and afters once its done. Waiting to sell my wheels first, so spread the word, $800 for the set with tires.
Old 06-21-2008, 02:26 AM
11 Second Hall Moniter

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

As to the guy who doesn't like the BFGs must be cause he doesn't know how to mount them, 60K on my BFG MTs and no vibration at 90, dunno what to tell you.

Yeah, I must not know what I'm doing......for the last 17 years.....

Hmatiak, it sounds like you've got a well planned setup going, post up some pics when you finish.
Old 06-21-2008, 09:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AKlowriderZ71
As to the guy who doesn't like the BFGs must be cause he doesn't know how to mount them, 60K on my BFG MTs and no vibration at 90, dunno what to tell you.

Yeah, I must not know what I'm doing......for the last 17 years.....

Hmatiak, it sounds like you've got a well planned setup going, post up some pics when you finish.
Dunno, i've met a lot of people doing jobs for year that don't know what their doing, some people don't have modern equipment too (i don't know what your shop has or doesn't have but I'm just throwing it out there). But if BFGs were so bad why would so many of their buyers be repeat buyers? Something like 60 or 70% of BFG ATs are purchased by people who owned them before.

Good luck w/ the revos hmatiak
Old 07-06-2008, 08:26 PM
Launching!

Welp, got the 285/70/17's on. NO LIFT at all. Took of the 20's and put on the stockers with the new tires. No rubbing at all. So i've got a 3'' front coil kit if anyone is looking. Here are a few pics. Went with the Dueler Revos.