Texas We've Seceded from the Union

Stay away from Texas Performance Transmissions

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 11:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+2 on performabuilt as far as a mailorder tranny... Not hating on FLT or anyone else, just speaking from a buddy with a performabuilt. He beats the hell out of it and it doesn't skip a beat!

But since your in texas... i agree with Scott on his tranny builder! lol
Old 06-04-2010, 02:16 AM
Truck Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They Told you they have almost been sued?Seriously?
What is Texas performance??????
Damn that sucks man,if you need a good tranny look at the sponsors to the right >>>>>
I love my performabuilt
Old 06-04-2010, 07:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thats rough man.. is it an 60 or 80?

They guy that did my tranny (4l6oe) does awesome work i've had mine since Feb of 08 and has never had a problem with it. I've been sparying on it and everything and it still runs like a champ. When i was stock with bolt ons it dropped me almost 1/2 sec. in the 1/8th.

Hope you figure something out, hate that people are f***ed up like that though.
Old 06-04-2010, 07:40 AM
Praise The Lowered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to hear your misfortune...
-Post a video on Youtube of the teardown and shitty parts used ....have thier name in the title reeeaaal big in caps with other words like crooks, scam, hacks..and see if they will give you some money back. It worked for the guy with the bunk Monster tranny........Good Luck!!
Old 06-04-2010, 09:31 AM
TECH Regular

yea i have seen their post in craigslist BS.. sorry to hear hope u get it up and running! performabuilt ftw!!!

http://houston.craigslist.org/pts/1774784835.html

Last edited by CharlyNali6.2; 06-04-2010 at 11:57 AM.
Old 06-04-2010, 11:46 AM
Teching In

I have had issues with a builder and took it to someone else. I paid $1700 to have clear lake transmissions redo it. I had stock 700r4 parts when I paid for race pack clutches and more, i have that now for sure. Brittain redid my converter for under $200.
Old 06-04-2010, 12:28 PM
I have a gauge for that

Received 374 Likes on 255 Posts

Originally Posted by CharlyNali6.2
yea i have seen their post in craigslist BS.. sorry to hear hope u get it up and running! performabuilt ftw!!!

http://houston.craigslist.org/pts/1774784835.html
thats crazy cheap, most places want at least $500 just to pull the trans, no wonder they are crooks.
Old 06-05-2010, 02:37 AM
On The Tree

Thanks guys....... Yea i just wanted to give people a heads up.

Circle D already tore trans apart wednesday. And i found out TPT had put plastic accumlator pistons back when i purchased aluminim ones and took it to them to have them out in. yea there cheap but its the principle of me paying for stuff and not be put in, just like me paying for the Beast sunshell and me still having the GM one in.

yea circle d is a good builder and pricey but my dads shop sends most of their transmsiions to them and no problems with any so far. Circle D said my converter is bad wheni just got it from them a couple months ago but there gonna try to repair it, and they have to use another core transmission bc none of my parts are good. O well i get a 2yr warranty

Originally Posted by Wheatley
They Told you they have almost been sued?Seriously?
What is Texas performance??????
Damn that sucks man,if you need a good tranny look at the sponsors to the right >>>>>
I love my performabuilt
Yea one day when i was up there couple months ago. Texas Performance Transmission is in Humble.

I've tried to get ahold of you to get prices on a performa built last week. but i needed it done quik bc i need to be able to get to work w/o relying on parents.

Anyway the truck should be done tuesday. i also got a driveshaft built so i hopefully i won't have anymore problems
Old 06-07-2010, 02:09 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

sorry to hear about this man. Performabuilt LVL 2 would do well for you, i see Circle D builds some awsome transmissions. i havent used one, and i havent seen anything threads on a Circle D tranny...but i love my Circle D stall so maybe it'll work out for the best. what converter speed did you go with?
Old 06-07-2010, 05:25 PM
formerly 1fstrst (11/25/2010)

Damn that truely sucks. My friend had his trans taken out a few weeks ago by the local GMC dealership to get rebuilt. He picked it up and went 5 miles down the road and his transfer case fell off and went bouncing down the road. The dealership said it wasn't their fault...lol They gave him his money back for the work they did. I told him to sue the crap out of them but he just took it to a different shop to get the work done.

Quick Reply: Stay away from Texas Performance Transmissions