Texas We've Seceded from the Union

rgv vs. houston (sealy)

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2010, 08:17 PM
Truck Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am ready to go out there with him Jarrod.
Now thats an engine
Originally Posted by 1Bear
For people that have never had the opertunity to see his truck, here is one picture of the motor.
Old 03-14-2010, 08:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Wheatley
Now thats an engine
At least with the kinda money he spends on toys, it should make you feel good knowing who he trusts to tune his street truck!
Old 03-14-2010, 08:26 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by montecarloss
any videos Lisa and what time did you run?
The truck's best is 13.765 (October '08), and that was on the 20's. This time I was using heavier tires, ones that were given to me, and heavier than the 20's. Just used them instead of the dailies. Eric even mentioned at the end of the day to try the 20's to see if it was that much of difference, but by then I was worn the hell out. So during the course of the day I was learning about compression in the tires. Tough learn, but it was worth it. Was I a little disappointed, yeah. Eric and I have invested a good amount of money in my truck, and for this truck as a daily driver.. I'm ok.

A friend told me, just wait till the time is right to go 6.0 Ls3. By the time that happens I should have a better understanding of it all.

I have to admit with the smaller venue in Sealy, seeing under the hoods of other trucks came a little easier. Oh and video.. I do have one of my *** getting spanked by the older Lightning with the STS turbo. I said, "great I get to race a guy with a helmet", not even thinking about what he was driving or the power plant.
Old 03-14-2010, 08:40 PM
LS ADDICT/BUILDER

Originally Posted by Wheatley
Now thats an engine
what does that truck run?
Old 03-14-2010, 08:40 PM
LS ADDICT/BUILDER

Originally Posted by lady3bglover
The truck's best is 13.765 (October '08), and that was on the 20's. This time I was using heavier tires, ones that were given to me, and heavier than the 20's. Just used them instead of the dailies. Eric even mentioned at the end of the day to try the 20's to see if it was that much of difference, but by then I was worn the hell out. So during the course of the day I was learning about compression in the tires. Tough learn, but it was worth it. Was I a little disappointed, yeah. Eric and I have invested a good amount of money in my truck, and for this truck as a daily driver.. I'm ok.

A friend told me, just wait till the time is right to go 6.0 Ls3. By the time that happens I should have a better understanding of it all.

I have to admit with the smaller venue in Sealy, seeing under the hoods of other trucks came a little easier. Oh and video.. I do have one of my *** getting spanked by the older Lightning with the STS turbo. I said, "great I get to race a guy with a helmet", not even thinking about what he was driving or the power plant.
nice run lisa
Old 03-14-2010, 08:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by montecarloss
what does that truck run?
It typically runs mid 4's in the 1/8th right now. It was originally built to be a 10.5 Outlaw, which in my mind sort of screwed it up a little. The chassis was originally a Pro Stock truck chassis, but due to the 10.5 rules it had to have stock front frame rails and firewall, so they had to cut off the front of the tube chassis. Maybe with enough dialing in, one of these day's he may get it to around 4.3 or a little under. It's got the power, but putting it down is something else all together.

Last edited by 1Bear; 03-15-2010 at 07:34 PM.
Old 03-14-2010, 09:01 PM
TECH Addict

Monte.. thanks for comps.
Old 03-14-2010, 09:35 PM
Truck Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

At least with the kinda money he spends on toys, it should make you feel good knowing who he trusts to tune his street truck!
Old 03-14-2010, 10:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

I imagined it would be, yeah it's got a bed and all, but it's hard to think of that thing as being a truck. As far as the Denali goes, he told me that he was just about to get it out of the body shop, the result of some vengeful bast_ _d beating it up. At least Colby told me the police have him!
yeah about that bastard beating his truck, i was there that night, i didnt see it actually happen, but from what i heard.... that kid got it bad afterwards.

he ran a 7.6 1/4 and a 4.8 1/8.. i still cant beleive its a s10 with a hemi motor!!! hes crazy
Old 03-14-2010, 10:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 03 True Fire
yeah about that bastard beating his truck, i was there that night, i didnt see it actually happen, but from what i heard.... that kid got it bad afterwards.

he ran a 7.6 1/4 and a 4.8 1/8.. i still cant beleive its a s10 with a hemi motor!!! hes crazy
The 4.8 is off his regular times, but I imagine the 7.6 was already way off the throttle as it's not set up to run out that far.

Quick Reply: rgv vs. houston (sealy)