Texas We've Seceded from the Union

Need help in San Antonio area with Suspension issues Turbo Escalade...

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 07:31 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help in San Antonio area with Suspension issues Turbo Escalade...

Anyone good in the area with suspension? I have an 03' Escalade built by Livernois Motorsports. They done a 3-4 Ground Force drop on it with the air ride back in 05. I got the esc in December and the truck has a very bad sway wollow or whatever you want to call it when you hit dips or bridges. I know it is not going to ride stock but it shouldn't handle like this either. I ditched the Air ride set up and went with HD KYB shocks in the front and it cleaned up some. Then I decided to replace the rear and now I have the problem with the bottom out issue also. The shop that installed them are going to try the lowering shocks because they don't think it has enough travel. I was tempted to buy another complete kit and re-do everything with coils and all. Should I atleast raise it back up to a 2-3 drop instead of the 3-4? If anyone knows any tricks hit me up I am willing to pay. Just don't know to many go to place here in S.A. moved here from Dallas...There is know use having 500+ horse power if I can't enjoy it I am fustrated as hell
Attached Thumbnails Need help in San Antonio area with Suspension issues Turbo Escalade...-escalade-3.jpg   Need help in San Antonio area with Suspension issues Turbo Escalade...-escalade-4.jpg  
Old 02-01-2010, 10:02 PM
Performance Trucks Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is bottom'n out, the shocks or something else?
With lowering the rear, you'll need the shock extenders or shorter shocks.
For the front, what did you use? I used the McGaughy spindles and they work great with the stock shocks.
Doesn't sound like you'd be having that many issues with just a 3/4 drop.

I've got bags in the rear of my avalanche with stock shocks and it rides great! Under control and doesn't walk all over.

Did you check for any loose parts? Worn out bushings?

I had some lowering springs on the rear of my ride and they were way to soft, truck was loose over bumps, the air bags solved this along with some HD shocks and stock shocks.

Just throwing some things out there that worked for me, maybe it'll help you out.

I'm enjoying my 500+hp everyday in the avalanche.

I'm not a so called suspension shop, but i've installed a few and maybe something just isn't matched up right.

good luck,
allen