Texas We've Seceded from the Union

LS FEST TEXAS June 17-18

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2022, 12:45 PM
TECH Resident

Received 236 Likes on 183 Posts
Default LS FEST TEXAS June 17-18

Texas Motor Speedway, (next weekend Friday and Saturday). Is this the first Texas one?

LS Fest Texas - Holley LSFest

I would love to get out and go, but it will be over 100 each day, and with gas now, even only a few hours away, that's probably $250 just in gas. I'm probably one of the few really cheapasses here, but anyone else planning on going? You can always post pics in this thread, if you weren't going to somewhere else.

Anyone planning on going? Participating, got a booth, or bringing stuff you want to sell? Looking for anything? If there's another thread somewhere than could you post a link? Maybe this can help people connect if they have a reason.

(Not sure if this fits better in the other section).

I remember on the BMW boards, for things like this, we would try and coordinate a convoy. With planned meetups along the way, and add to the group along the way. Those with the nicest radar detectors were in front and back.

Last edited by adriver; 06-12-2022 at 12:55 PM.
Old 06-12-2022, 10:30 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1,173 Likes on 893 Posts

If you think you are cheap you have not met me lol It is about $170 in gas from San Antonio to TMS

Honestly I would probably go if we had some group interest but if not then probably not. I haven't been to car show since before Covid.

Old 06-13-2022, 07:03 AM
TECH Resident

It's definitely been a while for me. I almost drove to Vegas for the last one just to get out, and now I don't want to drive a few hours away.

I think Texas should be able to REALLY get out there and represent too. I can't rule it completely out yet, but probably won't. If I could find the right part deal, or other reason for that drive, I will probably go.
Old 06-13-2022, 08:59 AM
TECH Junkie

Oh yeah Texas will show up for sure. Unfortunately it is the weekend of Father's day so that kind of blows. I would love to take my wiring harness and fuse box up there and sell it might be easier than online lol
Old 06-13-2022, 09:17 AM
TECH Resident

Fathers want to go to the car show, and there better not be any complaining on dads day.

Yeah, I have an extra hydroboost swap, an efan swap, a stack of amps, folding mirrors, fancy diff cover, at least one grant steering wheel, I know there's more. I would definitely bring all that and try. That's just the extra stuff that I know I'm not getting a second vehicle to put it on anytime soon.
Old 06-13-2022, 09:37 AM
TECH Junkie

extra hydroboost swap?
extra efan swap?

Hold that Grant for me until we figure out if we can get the buttons using on the 03-07 gauge cluster please

Unfortunately my dad couldn't do a weekend like that anymore and my grandfather is past that as well. I am considering maybe going on Saturday
Old 06-13-2022, 10:42 AM
TECH Resident

The efan swap takes 10 minutes tops to pull out, and that was just there. Couldn't hurt to have a spare. The hydroboost came off a 2500 I bought to pull the 6.0 and nv4500 out of.

I'm in no hurry. I haven't posted any of it anywhere. I'm not even sure if I will use either one of the grant wheels. I have a mint 99-02 with a clockspring too. I'll probably wait to see how those buttons go before I do anything. So far, all I can figure out is wanting volume. I still might wire em up for what they should be used for: smoke screen, oil slick, plate flip, maybe a nice flamethrower. I'll let you know if I want to get rid of it for some reason first if we don't figure the buttons out before that. Otherwise I'm cool with that being dibs.

I paid $95 for the first one, then got lucky and snagged the second for $9 and change. Shipped for about $22 each, and they are $220 on Amazon and summit. At least $100, no more than $120. Sounds like trading parts might be an option down the road. I think we'll get it figured out.
Old 06-13-2022, 10:44 AM
TECH Junkie

Shieeeet if I can actually finish some projects before the end of the year I would take the efan swap and hydroboost swap off your hands.

Need to finish projects first.
Old 06-14-2022, 09:54 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 134 Likes on 89 Posts

I'll be there competing in Grand Champion. Going to be hot but will be a different heat from what I'm used to in Florida. AutoX will start in the heat of the day but drag racing will be at night. Should be fun watching the drag guys getting down the 'No-prep' pit road.
The following users liked this post:
adriver (06-14-2022)
Old 06-17-2022, 10:00 PM
On The Tree

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

I was out there tonight. I raced the truck/SUV class. It was fun, but lost 1st round. Hoping tomorrow I don't draw that turbo AWD Trailblazer again, or the gear driven Procharged truck, or any of the multi kit nitrous trucks. Out-gunned is an understatement. Holler if anyone plans to go. It would be nice to chat it up.

Quick Reply: LS FEST TEXAS June 17-18