Texas We've Seceded from the Union

HELL YEAH! Head/Cam swap parts are rolling in!

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 09:15 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELL YEAH! Head/Cam swap parts are rolling in!

Got some deliveries today on parts for my head/cam swap in a few weeks. Let me know what you think.
HELL YEAH! Head/Cam swap parts are rolling in!-head-components2.jpg
Lingenfelter Valves 2.02/1.575
7.500 Hardened Chromeoly PR's
1.75 Roller Rockers
Lunati .660 Double Springs and pertinent goodies
On the way is:
Thunder Racing custom grind cam 219/224 607/600 LSA 111
Melling ported oil pump
ARP heads, crank, and cam bolts
160 thermostat
Powerbond 25% UD pulley
LS7 lifters
LS2 timing set
Pro Edge Street 3000 stall converter
Lingenfelter timing/launch controller

Friday delivery, more goodies. All I lack is the heads, cam, ARP balancer bolt, UD pulley, and converter.
[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by joeoby78; 02-05-2010 at 01:08 PM.
Old 02-04-2010, 09:17 PM
v8
17,16,15,14,13,12,11 Drvr

Nice, what heads are those valves going in, whats the build going to be??
Old 02-04-2010, 09:28 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by v8
Nice, what heads are those valves going in, whats the build going to be??
I bought a spare 5.3 and took those heads to be CNC'd, valve jobed, and milled. It's going on my Z71. I'm having the spare 5.3 block machined to LS1 bore and going to stroke it....... HA!, I said "stroke it".........to a 383. I know, I know, should've just went with a 6.0, that's what everybody says, but I just want to do this, say I have done it, play with it a while, and then maybe I'll move on. Who knows, I go through engines/mods projects like girlfriends, always looking for faster ones. LOL!
Old 02-04-2010, 09:31 PM
TECH Addict

Hey aren't you the bonehead that said in another post that you're an "average Joe" just wanting to hang with the big boys, and you didn't have $5k to drop into a truck...

https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...57#post4389457

Did I miss something here? That grocery list is pretty healthy.

Originally Posted by joeoby78
Checked it out, but I want something a little closer to home, more frequent, and less restrictive. My beast is in the 13s, but not under it........ YET. I don't want to limit it to just those level of vehicles, I want the regular joe, who can't afford to dump $5000+ into their motor/vehicle, to feel comfortable coming around. I know how it was when I had a little SWB V6 and just wanted to hang with the big boys and learn something, but never felt welcome.
Old 02-04-2010, 09:41 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by lady3bglover
Hey aren't you the bonehead that said in another post that you're an "average Joe" just wanting to hang with the big boys, and you didn't have $5k to drop into a truck...

https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...57#post4389457

Did I miss something here? That grocery list is pretty healthy.
"Used" to be an average joe. I make good money now and have the time to do the stuff, if you'll read closer, that was when I had a "SWB with a V6". And I don't consider myself a bonehead, but if that's what I am, than that's what I am.
Old 02-04-2010, 09:45 PM
TECH Addict

You said...

I don't want to limit it to just those level of vehicles, I want the regular joe, who can't afford to dump $5000+ into their motor/vehicle, to feel comfortable coming around..

So if I misunderstood that, I am sorry. It's the mixed message that I was reading into...

Sorry.
Old 02-04-2010, 09:48 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by lady3bglover
You said...

I don't want to limit it to just those level of vehicles, I want the regular joe, who can't afford to dump $5000+ into their motor/vehicle, to feel comfortable coming around..

So if I misunderstood that, I am sorry. It's the mixed message that I was reading into...

Sorry.
No problem, **** happens.
Old 02-05-2010, 03:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sounds like a fun build man similar to my setup well kinda!! Its not how much money you got tied up in a setup its about how much fun you will have doing it... .

Yes more money you have the faster you go but dont forget you were slow at one point to so dont make others feel bad cuz you cam up wit some cash, We that are a little quicker should encourage others to build along with us..Even if you were not welcomed by others who were faster than you before.. The slower guys look up to us in a way, i konw i did when i was running slower.. Hell I still do even!!
Old 02-05-2010, 03:53 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by bigboy576103
Sounds like a fun build man similar to my setup well kinda!! Its not how much money you got tied up in a setup its about how much fun you will have doing it... .

Yes more money you have the faster you go but dont forget you were slow at one point to so dont make others feel bad cuz you cam up wit some cash, We that are a little quicker should encourage others to build along with us..Even if you were not welcomed by others who were faster than you before.. The slower guys look up to us in a way, i konw i did when i was running slower.. Hell I still do even!!
Yes sir, I agree, never forget your roots. I try to have an open door attitude with everybody. I'm helping my little brother get into modding and tinkering with his extended cab 4.8L, plus he has a couple of friends with starter vehicles who call me all the time for advice and help. Hell, the other night I talked to a high school kid in the Chik-fila drive through window for 10 mins. about what exhaust he should get for his truck. On the flip side, I ran into a guy who had a blown 427 extended cab the other day and asked him a bunch of questions and humped his tail pipe while he was turned the other way.
Old 02-05-2010, 04:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

LMAO!!! I know exactly what you mean. me and some other buddys around our area all ask each other questions cuz seems like one of us knows more about different parts of our trucks. such as suspension, motor, trannies, torque specs ect..

Wish more ppl could be like that!!! i have ran into a few dushe bags that i tried to bull **** with them, though they look at me like your stupid when you try to talk to them but they dont know what i got sittin at the house waitin for them..

Quick Reply: HELL YEAH! Head/Cam swap parts are rolling in!