Texas We've Seceded from the Union

Black Bear Performance Tuning Dallas, TX July 10-11 2010

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 06:11 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Black Bear Performance Tuning Dallas, TX July 10-11 2010

What: Black Bear Performance Tunes (98+ GM vehicles only)

Where: Rickords Animal Hospital
1029 E. Harmon Rd
Fort Worth, TX 76131

When: July 10-11 2010

How Much: $50 deposit for time slot, $200 at time of tune (total $250)

**10 deposits received to make the meet a go! Time slots will be posted once 10+ deposits received.

Please go to http://www.blackbearperformance.com/calendar.asp and click on the "Fort Worth, TX" meet to submit your deposit.

If folks want spare modules the prices are as follows:
$60 - 98-00 Vortec
$100 - Gen-III
$160 ECM / $60 TCM - Gen-IV Trucks and SUVs

**We will need to ship out the modules before the meet for people to install them and perform the security relearn prior to being tuned.

**If folks purchase spare computers, we will perform the crank relearn on all 99+ vehicles

**Any tune updates need to be scheduled directly with Justin prior to the meet by email justin@blackbearperformance.com

Please see www.blackbearperformance.com for more info on our products!
Old 05-15-2010, 03:12 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmm I do have a new truck
Old 05-15-2010, 03:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Can I get an in person tune for free if I am already a customer and have a mail order tune?
Old 05-15-2010, 03:53 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mud slinger
Can I get an in person tune for free if I am already a customer and have a mail order tune?
**Any tune updates need to be scheduled directly with Justin prior to the meet by email justin@blackbearperformance.com
Old 05-16-2010, 05:19 PM
Staging Lane

Deposits received from:

NickS
Jason N.
Kevin K.
Old 05-16-2010, 11:07 PM
Banned

Im interested in this, I could get a buddy and make a day out of it. Would be a 3.5 hr drive for me but hey, what the hell. I need to be convinced. I'm about to get my headers and y pipe on soon, as well as efans. I also wanna get rid of some torque management.....speed limiter, etc.

What is the advantage of an in person tune over a mail order? I want the best tune possible. Got a local guy that can do an HPtune but is this better? Let me know!
Old 05-22-2010, 04:31 PM
Staging Lane

Deposits received from:

NickS
Jason N.
Kevin K.
Gray Ghost 70
Ryan F.
Adrian L.
Blake W.
Old 05-22-2010, 05:46 PM
Banned

Well thanks for taking the time to explain "what your tune is all about"! How does a company get business without good advertising? Guess ya'll dont need my $250 that bad after all!
Old 05-22-2010, 06:06 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 1LOW4X4
Well thanks for taking the time to explain "what your tune is all about"! How does a company get business without good advertising? Guess ya'll dont need my $250 that bad after all!
I apologize for not seeing your posting. I have been in Hawaii for the past week, and have not had a chance to read over all of the postings and questions yet, as I just flew in. I was trying to get all of the threads updated with the current deposits right away, so as not to keep everyone who has sent a deposit wondering whether we have received it or not.

The advantage of having an in-person tune over the mail order tune is that Justin will be riding in the vehicle with you, and analyzing the data while you drive. You will have the opportunity to ask him questions in person, and ask for his suggestions. With the in-person tune, you will not need to have the crank relearn performed, as Justin will be able to take care of that in-person. With the traditional mail order tune, you will need to take your vehicle to a shop or dealership to have the crank relearn performed. Also, often times vehicles will have mechanical issues that an individual might not know about, which will need to be taken care of. In this event, Justin will be able to detect mechanical issues with his equipment, whereas the mail order tune will not be able to detect issues.

For quicker responses, feel free to email me (haley@blackbearperformance.com) or Justin (justin@blackbearperformance.com), as sometimes questions are overlooked with all of the threads on the different websites we are trying to monitor. Also, check out www.blackbearperformance.com for FAQ's and greater detail on the different types of tunes we offer.
Old 05-22-2010, 08:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 1LOW4X4
Im interested in this, I could get a buddy and make a day out of it. Would be a 3.5 hr drive for me but hey, what the hell. I need to be convinced. I'm about to get my headers and y pipe on soon, as well as efans. I also wanna get rid of some torque management.....speed limiter, etc.

What is the advantage of an in person tune over a mail order? I want the best tune possible. Got a local guy that can do an HPtune but is this better? Let me know!
Do it. Justin can tune for your headers and e fans. They also sell e fan harnesses. You'd love the improvement in overall drvability and improved performance. I love my tune and it is only for 87 octane. If you don't have corvette servos, install those too. It will make a difference n how your transmission is programmed. My Blackbear tune is my favorite mod.

Quick Reply: Black Bear Performance Tuning Dallas, TX July 10-11 2010