Texas We've Seceded from the Union

Anyone looking to build a house?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2017, 06:58 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone looking to build a house?

Like the title says, is there anyone here in the market to build a house? I worked as an Architectural Designer/Draftsman in the DFW area designing residential homes and multi-family homes for about 5 years before moving back to East Texas last year and am now doing it as a side business. If anyone wants to design a home or knows anyone in the market wanting to build please send them my way! I can provide samples to anyone who is interested as well as references if necessary. I've attached one plan and elevation for you guys to get an idea of what to expect from my work. I'm working on a plan for my personal house currently that will have a special garage bay designed to accommodate a service lip for tools, air compressor, etc as well as a tall enough ceiling to install a 2 post lift that can go high enough for my tall *** to stand under and work comfortably (6'-5") haha.

Thanks!
Zach
Attached Thumbnails Anyone looking to build a house?-2513-pln1.png   Anyone looking to build a house?-2513-elev1.png  
Old 04-06-2017, 07:17 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by zachm89
Like the title says, is there anyone here in the market to build a house? I worked as an Architectural Designer/Draftsman in the DFW area designing residential homes and multi-family homes for about 5 years before moving back to East Texas last year and am now doing it as a side business. If anyone wants to design a home or knows anyone in the market wanting to build please send them my way! I can provide samples to anyone who is interested as well as references if necessary. I've attached one plan and elevation for you guys to get an idea of what to expect from my work. I'm working on a plan for my personal house currently that will have a special garage bay designed to accommodate a service lip for tools, air compressor, etc as well as a tall enough ceiling to install a 2 post lift that can go high enough for my tall *** to stand under and work comfortably (6'-5") haha.

Thanks!
Zach
That's a sweet floor plan, wish I was in the market.
Old 04-06-2017, 07:39 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by jtphelps289
That's a sweet floor plan, wish I was in the market.
Thank you. I definitely had some gear head thoughts in mind when I decided to add the separate garage bay for my attached shop area. I'll probably live out there most of the time anyway!
Old 04-06-2017, 08:23 PM
Launching!

Thank you. I definitely had some gear head thoughts in mind when I decided to add the separate garage bay for my attached shop area. I'll probably live out there most of the time anyway!
That's exactly how I've always wanted my own setup too might as well plan on putting a bathroom shower and a fold out couch out there too haha
Old 04-06-2017, 08:31 PM
TECH Resident

That's exactly how I've always wanted my own setup too might as well plan on putting a bathroom shower and a fold out couch out there too haha
That was the main reason for having a door from the shop directly into the master bathroom, haha. More than likely the shop will end up getting at least a deep basin style sink. But a couch sounds like a good idea too because it will also serve as an outdoor hang out area for my local car friends I'm sure.
Old 04-06-2017, 08:48 PM
Launching!

That was the main reason for having a door from the shop directly into the master bathroom, haha. More than likely the shop will end up getting at least a deep basin style sink. But a couch sounds like a good idea too because it will also serve as an outdoor hang out area for my local car friends I'm sure.
haha yea that'll work nicely for you but the old lady might not care for the buddies all using her bathroom for the shop *******. yea you definitely have to get a couch or a bar to sit at with radio/tv setup and a mini fridge to top it off lol
Old 04-11-2017, 06:19 PM
Hunt&Fisherator

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

pretty nice layout! Definitely liking the attached shop. What does that do for your insurance rates?
Old 04-11-2017, 06:29 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by silver-mod-o
pretty nice layout! Definitely liking the attached shop. What does that do for your insurance rates?
Im not quite sure I follow what you are saying. The only way to have to go through the bath/bedroom into the house is from the shop that enters directly into the master bathroom. If entering the house from the main garage, you enter into the Mud room, then there is a very short hallway/vestibule area that leads either through a door into the master bedroom or a cased opening directly into the Kitchen/Dining area. No one will go through the master bedroom to enter the house from the garage.

Hey, not fair...you edited your post before I could comment! Lol. Honestly I dont think the "shop" will do anything to insurance rates as far as I know. It will just be considered a 4th garage rather than an actual shop. Its purely for home and personal use so I wont be conducting any business out of it.
Old 04-11-2017, 06:33 PM
TECH Resident

haha yea that'll work nicely for you but the old lady might not care for the buddies all using her bathroom for the shop *******. yea you definitely have to get a couch or a bar to sit at with radio/tv setup and a mini fridge to top it off lol
Buddies can take a leak outside at the back of the property, haha. If you gotta do other business, they will just have to walk their happy selves to one of the other restrooms in the house. Although, I could just throw in a half bath in the back of the garage for shop use only. Wouldnt really take up much space.
Old 04-11-2017, 08:26 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1,433 Likes on 1,061 Posts

I have a bathroom in my garage. A 1/2 bath, and it is probably the best thing about my house, other than the land. Easy access to a toilet when youre covered in car grime having a stage 4 bowel emergency is 10/10 amazing.

Since you havent broken ground, mess around with the floor plan and see if adding a 1/2 bath works for you.