Texas We've Seceded from the Union

anybody been to south padre lately?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 04:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anybody been to south padre lately?

me, my girl, and a few friends are planning a trip to s padre island at the end of this month but im not sure how the beaches are going to look with this oil and what not. is there anybody by there or someone that can tell me how its looking down there? thanks fellas
Old 06-07-2010, 05:41 PM
13 Second Truck Club

My buddy is headed down there on Friday for vacation.
Old 06-07-2010, 08:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

alright cool, think you can let me know what he says about it?
Old 06-08-2010, 10:39 PM
Launching!

whats up charles! I dont think south padre should be to bad, i was thinking about going out there this summer as well. But it all depends on that damn oil in the gulf!
Old 06-09-2010, 01:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

I didnt think the oil got to the texas beaches?? Just as long as you don't go for the 4th of july weekend. I went last year and traffic was friggin rediculous. Plus there were gangsters everywhere. Or at least they thought they were. But it wasn't a pleasn't trip for me... IMO. Guess i need to go a diff time of year
Old 06-09-2010, 04:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by WHITE5.3L
whats up charles! I dont think south padre should be to bad, i was thinking about going out there this summer as well. But it all depends on that damn oil in the gulf!
hey whats up. i posted on tech as well and there are a few members that have been going down there as recent as this past weekend and they said its the **** right now.

Originally Posted by f4tal
I didnt think the oil got to the texas beaches?? Just as long as you don't go for the 4th of july weekend. I went last year and traffic was friggin rediculous. Plus there were gangsters everywhere. Or at least they thought they were. But it wasn't a pleasn't trip for me... IMO. Guess i need to go a diff time of year
that offends me cause i am as gangster as they come! haven't you seen my avatar? haha
Old 06-09-2010, 06:50 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by f4tal
i went in spring break it was awesome but there were a few "gangsters" cruising and drinking thinking they were the **** till the cops pulled them over and gave them a ticket
Old 06-09-2010, 10:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah, i guess it was kind of alright because for the most part they minded their own business but when we are walking down the street with our chicks and they want to holler at them and whistle an ****... lets just say i kept the .40 close with me that trip
Old 06-09-2010, 12:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went last year . . . and I made the long trip around to Boca Chica Beach. You can see Padre from the other side and the traffic was nuts !! ! . . We were so glad not to have sat in that traffic. . . . 4wd is more fun over there too . . Once you pass the check point, it's almost fair game out there . . . They had a few sand drag trucks that were out there. LOTS of fun!
Old 06-09-2010, 12:17 PM
Staging Lane

I went last weekend, the beach was perfect!!

Quick Reply: anybody been to south padre lately?