Why do you want the magnet out
Old 12-26-2011, 01:00 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the depth of the magnet is 12 inches
Old 12-26-2011, 05:47 PM
TECH Resident

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

have u tried the websites out there that help u figure up deminsions and tuning freq.? i used this when building a box for my girls car worked great and hits hard.
Old 12-26-2011, 08:58 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by brandon6.0
have u tried the websites out there that help u figure up deminsions and tuning freq.? i used this when building a box for my girls car worked great and hits hard.
do tell?
Old 12-27-2011, 07:58 PM
TECH Resident

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

here is one site i found: Speaker Enclosure Volume Calculator

cant remember the one i used. But u can google what u lookin for and plenty of sites come up. Good Luck!
Old 12-27-2011, 08:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Do what I did, stick a big 15" subwoofer in that reg cab truck lol..

Nah, jk it was really crammed in there for the passenger though haha.
This video of mine was from mid 2010, I just wanted to see if a big 15" sub could be done in a reg cab without a blowthrough. I took it out shortly after and sold everything, then got my cam, headers,tune with that cash..
I set the amp gain to 3500RMS, with 300 amp alternator and only 1 battery. I could only turn it up half way or a tad more with 1 battery. If I could of put 1 more BIG battery in that truck at least then I could of turned it up a lot more and see its potential, but didn't want to keep spending money.

Old 12-27-2011, 09:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HOLY CHIT!!!! LMAO!!! That is just sick! Nice job!!!!

I'm assuming that was a competition style speaker and big power? That was 3500 watts??!! Holy crap if so! I ended up going with one of these:

ProBox Custom UTV tops and Vehicle-Specific Subwoofers and Enclosures

With an old school Orion Amp (Supposed to be just over 1000 rms...... It sounds good, but it wasn't what I was hoping for (I was hoping for maybe 1/2 of what you have/it sounds good but doesn't hardly move your hair much less flex the cab---LMAO!!!). I'm hoping a better deck unit (to better isolate the operating range of the sub) will help, but I hate to spend anymore money on this. I upgraded from a sealed box with (2) 12" woofers to this....

Sorry for the hi-jack. Hopefully, this will generate more discussion that will help. Carry on and good luck!

Originally Posted by jrmchevyman
Do what I did, stick a big 15" subwoofer in that reg cab truck lol..

Nah, jk it was really crammed in there for the passenger though haha.
This video of mine was from mid 2010, I just wanted to see if a big 15" sub could be done in a reg cab without a blowthrough. I took it out shortly after and sold everything, then got my cam, headers,tune with that cash..
I set the amp gain to 3500RMS, with 300 amp alternator and only 1 battery. I could only turn it up half way or a tad more with 1 battery. If I could of put 1 more BIG battery in that truck at least then I could of turned it up a lot more and see its potential, but didn't want to keep spending money.

Old 12-27-2011, 11:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by slowfive0
HOLY CHIT!!!! LMAO!!! That is just sick! Nice job!!!!

I'm assuming that was a competition style speaker and big power? That was 3500 watts??!! Holy crap if so! I ended up going with one of these:

ProBox Custom UTV tops and Vehicle-Specific Subwoofers and Enclosures

With an old school Orion Amp (Supposed to be just over 1000 rms...... It sounds good, but it wasn't what I was hoping for (I was hoping for maybe 1/2 of what you have/it sounds good but doesn't hardly move your hair much less flex the cab---LMAO!!!). I'm hoping a better deck unit (to better isolate the operating range of the sub) will help, but I hate to spend anymore money on this. I upgraded from a sealed box with (2) 12" woofers to this....

Sorry for the hi-jack. Hopefully, this will generate more discussion that will help. Carry on and good luck!

Yeah I didn't mean to jack the thread either, just thought the OP would get a kick out of my video lol.
slowfive0 yes it was a Digital Designs 9915 dual 1ohm subwoofer that is mainly used for competitions. It could take 3000-3500rms daily on music or 5000rms burps. I set the gain at 3500rms correct, but could never raise the volume much over half way bc of the current draw on only 1 battery with the 300amp alt. In that video its prob only 2000rms IIRC. It had an 8" pvc aero port going out the side of the box too.
Old 12-27-2011, 11:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WOW!!! I'm speechless---that is nuts!

Yeah I didn't mean to jack the thread either, just thought the OP would get a kick out of my video lol.
slowfive0 yes it was a Digital Designs 9915 dual 1ohm subwoofer that is mainly used for competitions. It could take 3000-3500rms daily on music or 5000rms burps. I set the gain at 3500rms correct, but could never raise the volume much over half way bc of the current draw on only 1 battery with the 300amp alt. In that video its prob only 2000rms IIRC. It had an 8" pvc aero port going out the side of the box too.
Old 12-27-2011, 11:55 PM
TECH Resident

Yeahhhh, another DD user on the board. I never knew you had such a setup. I had a DD9512 on a good ol' Sundown, that I sold to a buddy that frammed. Put many a set of Kicker/Rockford/Memphis/high school audio subs to shame. "Mannnnn what u gattt? Four 15's?" "Uh, one 12'." Can't tell you how many times I went through that.

Quick Reply: Sub help box help STD Cab Silverado