STEREO & ELECTRONICS Audio Components | Radars | Alarms | General Wiring

Pioneer vs JL Audio

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2017, 11:17 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pioneer vs JL Audio

Whats up fellow members, just purchased a 2006 Silverado SS, 593 out of 933, anyways wanted to make an up grade to my audio speakers. Am planing on keeping the factory BOSE but would like a "downfire" speaker box underneath the seat. Maybe some 10's BUT don't really know what brand i should choose from or amp. Don't really care to blow windows out just something you can hear outside while taking a cruise or just simply chilling the garage. I currently have an aftermarket Pioneer radio. NEED HELP ASAP. Also what type of box would i need.
Old 01-06-2017, 02:59 PM
TECH Regular

JL over Pioneer any day very nice and clean bass. Depending on how much u are willing to spend that will depend on what model u will go with. I have had w3 w6 and w7 out of all if them I loved my w6s.......w7s were beast but w6s were nice and clean. Might want to look into sundowns also
Old 01-06-2017, 03:17 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 764 Likes on 563 Posts

I agree with JL run them in everything I own. Usually get 12w3s.
Old 01-06-2017, 05:22 PM
I have a gauge for that

Received 373 Likes on 254 Posts

I had 2x JL 12w6v2s in an underseat box and really liked them. I also had some pioneer 6.5 component speakers I really liked.
Old 01-06-2017, 08:49 PM
Teching In

As far budget I want to stay under $600. May go a little more depending on box and amp. I feel like 12 's just might to big depending on the box. I really want a good quality sound. Keep the info coming guys
Old 01-06-2017, 08:50 PM
Teching In

As far as sundown!!!! I had them before Holly **** *****. Them speakers can blow your ears off
Old 01-08-2017, 08:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 68 Likes on 61 Posts

I have 1 JL 10w3 powered by a JX500/1D & focal 165 AS powered by a JL JX400/4D in my zo6 have to say sound is very clean, rich and full that one 10w3 pounds almost as hard as two Rockford p2 12's i had, dont get me wrong your not going to brake any window but it coming from a guy that only had 12's in over 10 audio systems over the years i'm really impressed

the JL JX series amps are small in size easy to find a spot for them and they get loud!

i never was a fan of any thing Pioneer...
Old 01-10-2017, 01:27 AM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sirenhot
Whats up fellow members, just purchased a 2006 Silverado SS, 593 out of 933, anyways wanted to make an up grade to my audio speakers. Am planing on keeping the factory BOSE but would like a "downfire" speaker box underneath the seat. Maybe some 10's BUT don't really know what brand i should choose from or amp. Don't really care to blow windows out just something you can hear outside while taking a cruise or just simply chilling the garage. I currently have an aftermarket Pioneer radio. NEED HELP ASAP. Also what type of box would i need.
Ive got pioneer door speakers and 2 10" subs in my truck with an eBay down firing box. Like cheap Walmart pioneer subs lol but is what makes them sound way better than they are supposed to be is the mono block JBL amp I have that's tuned to the right frequency and gain settings. That's where most go wrong is not adjusting the amp right. It'll make a $1000 sub sound cheap if it's not adjusted right. I've got mine wired down to 2 Ohm's too since the amp will take it and I've beat on the the subs for 4 years almost like the amp will turn off because it gets too hot eventually and the cheap pioneers keep kicking. My box is also filled with polyfill to keep distortion down some. So I honestly don't think you can go wrong with their subs for the price. JL is more quality driven though you're gonna pay a good amount it.
Old 01-11-2017, 08:51 AM
Launching!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Single 10 probox with their own speaker. They used to come with a kicker but they started making their own I guess. I've heard a single 12 before and it was LOUD, local installer guaranteed me a single 10 would be louder than any 2 12's I could fit in a rcsb.
Old 01-11-2017, 11:54 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 764 Likes on 563 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueTexan24
Ive got pioneer door speakers and 2 10" subs in my truck with an eBay down firing box. Like cheap Walmart pioneer subs lol but is what makes them sound way better than they are supposed to be is the mono block JBL amp I have that's tuned to the right frequency and gain settings. That's where most go wrong is not adjusting the amp right. It'll make a $1000 sub sound cheap if it's not adjusted right. I've got mine wired down to 2 Ohm's too since the amp will take it and I've beat on the the subs for 4 years almost like the amp will turn off because it gets too hot eventually and the cheap pioneers keep kicking. My box is also filled with polyfill to keep distortion down some. So I honestly don't think you can go wrong with their subs for the price. JL is more quality driven though you're gonna pay a good amount it.
I agree 100% Proper tuning of the amp is the most important thing.
Crutch field has a very good step by step how to tune your subs.