STEREO & ELECTRONICS Audio Components | Radars | Alarms | General Wiring

No sound y91

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2012, 04:50 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No sound y91

Just bought a 2006 sierra denali, Ibought it from my dealer(Dodge) as is, there is no sound but the head unit turns on fine, and the rear headphone outputs play sound. When i was cleaning the truck i found a amp under the rear seat, part number 15114454. I figured they bought a amp and never put it in. I installed it still no sound.
Is there some sort on programing i need to do or anyone have some advise?

I i did print off a connector pin out off of alldata and its got 12v ground and all speakers seem to ohm out good.

Any help would be great. also the nav cd seems to be bad says disc error check for dirty dvd. so i cleaned it no its just says cd error.. maybe i cleaned it too much lol.

one more thing kinda a newb question but this(attached pic) was on the key chain is it related to truck or from previous owner?

Old 03-25-2012, 02:02 AM
TECH Apprentice

well the other day in my friends truck he turned it on the head unit came on but no sound would come out of the speakers. he was told the amplifier in the head unit went out. but this was also in a after market head unit. so my best suggestion would be to just get a new head unit, or take it somewhere to get checked out.
Old 03-26-2012, 06:00 AM
On The Tree

if it's a denali, it most likely has a factory amplifier, unless it's been bypassed, in which case you wouldn't have sound with a factory head unit. Pull your cupholders out and see if there's an amp under there. You should be able to see your factory wiring colors for the speakers under there. You can cut a pair of the wires, and use a small batter to "pop" test the speakers, but if you're getting the correct resistance for speakers behind the radio, the amplifier has been bypassed and you need to either wiring the factory amp back in, or put in an aftermarket radio.
Old 03-26-2012, 08:24 AM
12 Second Club

I did the ckt test at the amp, replaced amp with latest and greatest part number but still not sure if it was a good part. the signal wire from radio has activity on it like .4 - .7 volts not sure specs..

I'm starting to think my cheapest route will be to go aftermarket deck and amp with factory speaker.. i dont need that good of sound just some would be nice.

any suggestions on a cheap doudle din deck and amp that wont break the bank?
Old 03-30-2012, 07:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by -NewLegacy-
Just bought a 2006 sierra denali, Ibought it from my dealer(Dodge) as is, there is no sound but the head unit turns on fine, and the rear headphone outputs play sound. When i was cleaning the truck i found a amp under the rear seat, part number 15114454. I figured they bought a amp and never put it in. I installed it still no sound.
Is there some sort on programing i need to do or anyone have some advise?

I i did print off a connector pin out off of alldata and its got 12v ground and all speakers seem to ohm out good.

Any help would be great. also the nav cd seems to be bad says disc error check for dirty dvd. so i cleaned it no its just says cd error.. maybe i cleaned it too much lol.

one more thing kinda a newb question but this(attached pic) was on the key chain is it related to truck or from previous owner?

Whats your radio head unit part #?

That extra fob on your key ring is most likely LO JACK!
Old 03-31-2012, 05:43 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by -NewLegacy-
I did the ckt test at the amp, replaced amp with latest and greatest part number but still not sure if it was a good part. the signal wire from radio has activity on it like .4 - .7 volts not sure specs..

I'm starting to think my cheapest route will be to go aftermarket deck and amp with factory speaker.. i dont need that good of sound just some would be nice.

any suggestions on a cheap doudle din deck and amp that wont break the bank?
That voltage sounds about right from a factory headunit. The amp seems like it is bad. If you want to go aftermarket, you're going to need to bypass it.