STEREO & ELECTRONICS Audio Components | Radars | Alarms | General Wiring

need dvd/cd help pls

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2009, 12:13 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need dvd/cd help pls

So i bought a new dvd/cd player for my 03 silverado its the JVC KD-AVX40 but the place i bought it from say the harness they have is defective and after giving me the run around i finally said *** it ill buy it from somewhere else. did you guys have any problems with the harness's you bought for the 03's? where did you guys end up buying yours from and finally did you do the install yourselves or is it better to just pay them to install it. i have installed other decks in my other trucks but is it that much hasel to install THIS deck?
Old 04-05-2009, 05:02 PM
RST
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blkonblk
So i bought a new dvd/cd player for my 03 silverado its the JVC KD-AVX40 but the place i bought it from say the harness they have is defective and after giving me the run around i finally said *** it ill buy it from somewhere else. did you guys have any problems with the harness's you bought for the 03's? where did you guys end up buying yours from and finally did you do the install yourselves or is it better to just pay them to install it. i have installed other decks in my other trucks but is it that much hasel to install THIS deck?
are u needing the harness that comes with the chime? well i have two silverados and i installed a 7in flip out and it aint hard at all samething as any other deck.I found a harness/chime at walmart for thirty buck its a cheap one but it does the job like an expensive one.
Old 04-05-2009, 08:25 PM
formerly 2004RST (changed 11/19/2012)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

depending on the truck & what system your vehicle had you might need an axxess box they range anywhere from 80 - 150 not hard to wire though quite simple