JL 13tw5v2/4 - PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

STEREO & ELECTRONICS Audio Components | Radars | Alarms | General Wiring

JL 13tw5v2/4

Old 05-16-2018, 09:31 PM
Staging Lane

Default JL 13tw5v2/4

Does anyone have any first hand experience with the JL shallow mount subs? What is your opinion? I'm about to redo my setup and have had my eye on the JL thin sub for quite some time. I've never heard them in person.

The truck is a single cab. Currently I have 2 Infinity Kappa Perfect 10s in a vented box. I designed the box as thin as possible, but for a tall passenger to be comfortable, the seat back is pressed directly against the sub. I'm not a dirty savage. My previous setup got jacked so this one was a "who cares" setup.

My main question is if a single thin JL will hit the low notes as good as a pair of 10s.
Old 05-16-2018, 11:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I've got a JL TW3-12 in one of their sealed power wedge boxes run with a JX500watt amp behind the driver seat in my RCSB. It's hard to explain how bass feels but it does rattle my mirrors and windows enough that I turned the gain on the amp down to less than half. It's extremely clean hitting I couldn't be happier. I put JL in everything I buy and have never had any of their products fail.
Old 05-17-2018, 06:35 AM
Staging Lane

Excellent. Thanks for the reply. I'm pulling out the interior this weekend for a new headliner/full console swap/much needed cleaning. I'm still unsure if I'll go the thin sub route, but its encouraging to know they can perform.

Search this Thread

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: