STEREO & ELECTRONICS Audio Components | Radars | Alarms | General Wiring

Jammers & Detectors

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2006, 11:39 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Jammers & Detectors

alright, well, the law was just passed that the county cops here in rankin can run radar now. they've been trying forever to get it passed, and it never has. But i believe it is in affect now. So, i'm looking into Jammers, i know they are illegal, but i don't care. I helped a guy at school put one on his tahoe and he said it worked! It had 3 sensors, 2 front and 1 rear and a remote mount module/radar that ran the whole shabang. I don't remember the name of the kit he had, he got it at Cartoys in Colorado. I found some online that are similiar listed below. What are your guys expierences with these.

M100

Thanks
Justin
Old 02-15-2006, 12:38 AM
How do I change this text

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I only have a Valetine one, and Love it to death, saved me more than the 400 bucks it cost. I'd like to have a jammer thou.
Old 02-15-2006, 01:08 AM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Radar jammers dont work

Laser jammers do though.

A guy that lives at my buddies apt complex that is a Travis County Sheriff said that they dont work and I am pretty good friends with him he wouldnt lie to me about it. Hell even told me where they sit most of the time and how to avoid getting tagged.
Old 02-15-2006, 09:20 AM
TECH Veteran

How about a cop seeking laser/radar missle system????
That would get them off your back!!

I have a detector and the Laser pickup sucks. The radar pickup is excellent however. From what my bro tells me (he's a cop) the radar gun will always gravitate toward the largest object moving toward them, the laser detectors only sound off if you are being "LIT" by the laser gun or the laser bounces off some other target into you.
Being that we all have trucks on here we are fairly screwed in the stealth department.

Last edited by TG02Z71; 02-15-2006 at 09:25 AM.
Old 02-15-2006, 09:55 AM
TECH Resident

I heard jammers don't work.

Radar detector are good because most cops leave there radars on when setting up a trap and just watch the cars go by, or they turn them on when the speeding car goes by.

Laser detector work but don't work fast enough, I got a chance to play with a laser (I know the local sheriff, it was their new toy). By what I notice the detector will go off about the same time as the laser tags your vehicle, the read out for the laser is almost instant, pull trigger, look at speed. However, laser is still rare in my area, sheriffs got 1 but never use it, and the city police got 3 and only use it on the interstate.

The justice of peace for Montegue county (Texas) told my brother and I (my brother got a speeding ticket), the DPS officers in his county never use there radar because there eyes are calibrated, they can detect if a person is speeding by 1 mph. This was the bigges bunch of that I ever heard, so if ever go through Montegue county don't get pulled over because you won't get out of it, unless you a really hot chic.
Old 02-15-2006, 10:34 AM
On The Tree

learn the roads and their methods. Then a decent radar detec tor is a must. Then to top it off a good cd and have it peaked and tuned. Never had one since. oh and if you don't like the look of a big whip hanging out do like i do, mount it on the outside of the bed (between the cab and bed) and get one that is adjustable and I just push it down in between the bed when taking pictures etc. Then for inside, mount it under the seat and get a mic. that you can change the channels from the mic.
Old 02-15-2006, 10:39 AM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TG02Z71
Being that we all have trucks on here we are fairly screwed in the stealth department.
LOL

I could go on about this all day. I have done **** loads of research on this crap. I drive in all scenarios(back roads, highways, cities, ect), all the time. People will disagree (as people love to) but you USUALLY get what you pay for in this department. Just check with a company called Speed Labortories, Inc....they test and certify it all, even the guns. I have the V1 like Wilde...it has saved me numerous times.

As far as laser is concerned; Yes, laser detectors are good for one thing...to let you know that the person shooting it knows exactly how fast you are going before your brain has a chance to send the message to your foot. The laser beam that is hitting you is only like a foot wide, real hard to read a light beam that isn't pointed at you.

Therefore...I have Blinder lasar jamming on my truck. This has saved my *** numerous times as well. Works like a charm. Jams long enough for you to slow down. It's awesome!

Last edited by dewmanshu; 02-15-2006 at 10:55 AM.
Old 02-15-2006, 10:49 AM

By the way...radar jamming is Very (federal) illegal if you could do it. It takes large amounts of equipment to do it. Unless you have a EA-6B Navy jet in your garage, you probably won't succed at it very well.

Laser is controlled by the FDA unlike radar which is controlled by the FCC. The fda could give a rat's *** if you jam laser. It's your local jurisdiction that make it illegal. Like DC or Virgina here. Hell you can't even have a radar detector in these F-ed up places.

Last edited by dewmanshu; 02-15-2006 at 10:54 AM.
Old 02-15-2006, 11:00 AM

Received 222 Likes on 148 Posts

i got a lil $100 walmart cobra that works awesome. i havent been pulled over for speeding since i got it 2 years ago and im always a good 20-25+ over the speed limit. if you slam the brakes fast enough when you radar detector goes nuts(they gun you) you can still get off because the radar will throw a few random numbers out there because your changing speed so fast.

i dont get why they put laser detector on these things though if your haulin *** and it goes off just go ahead and pull over and expect the worst. they dont use laser very often because its a pain but ive seen them use it before. the cop has to be stopped and pretty much out of the car to get the laser gun working right. radar is so much easier for them and their lazy
Old 02-15-2006, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by TXsilverado
i dont get why they put laser detector on these things though if your haulin *** and it goes off just go ahead and pull over and expect the worst. they dont use laser very often because its a pain but ive seen them use it before. the cop has to be stopped and pretty much out of the car to get the laser gun working right. radar is so much easier for them and their lazy
So they can charge more for the detector. LOL You got it right, just pull over. They always use laser here in Montgomery County, Maryland...the state boys that is.

Quick Reply: Jammers & Detectors