STEREO & ELECTRONICS Audio Components | Radars | Alarms | General Wiring

help! heated seats have a mind of their own!

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2014, 12:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help! heated seats have a mind of their own!

first off, awesome site!

i've got a problem. my heated seats in '07 1500 classic like to turn on by them selves. well, the driver side only to be exact. the first time i noticed it, driving on the interstate on a particularly warm august day. thought well maybe i hit it by accident. hadn't happened much til lately. now i get in, start truck and within 5 seconds it turns on full blast, then cycles thru each setting 3, 2, 1, off and starts over again. this doesnt happen everytime i drive, but is growing in frequency. looking thru the manual i found MBEC-1 as the fuse/relay that controls the seat. with truck off, i pulled this awkward fuse out, had my brother start the truck and try the buttons for heat...nothing happened, so turned truck off, reinstalled fuse and restarted truck. worked. about 20 mins ago i went out to do a driveway shuffle and it happened again! asked the guy at advance auto (since there for oil n filter) what he could find in their system for a relay, or fuse, to try to gain any info i could...couldnt find anything on forum either that specifically detailed my issue. i appreciate any help or tips that can point me in the right direction.
Old 02-20-2014, 11:46 AM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm having an issue with mine but the complete opposite. When I turn mine on they will turn them selves off after about 30 seconds. I know there is a TSB in it and it requires a BCM re flash and update to fix it. Could be a similar fix to your issue. I would post the TSB but I'm on my phone with terrible service. Good luck and let us know if you get it fixed. Welcome!