STEREO & ELECTRONICS Audio Components | Radars | Alarms | General Wiring

Have a 12 Disc CD Changer in Your Truck?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2005, 12:17 AM
Cal
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Have a 12 Disc CD Changer in Your Truck?

I'm wondering where to start looking for the wire harness connector to plug in a factory CD changer in a crew cab Silverado. I anyone has a factory 12 disc changer in their truck, I would like to know.
Old 06-23-2005, 01:02 PM
Teching In

Nothing factory that I know of, but this changer is pretty close:

http://www.adelcom.net/USA-SPEC_scd-g190v4.htm

It's only a six disc though, but I hear they are pretty easy to install and USA-SPEC makes alot of factory components.

I just put an Alpine 6-disc (CHM-630) in a 2000 Tahoe with the GMASX adapter from Peripheral. It's working pretty good and even has an extra set of "audio in" rca jacks that you can use for an MP3 player or something similar.

Here's a link to the adapter:
http://www.cardomain.com/item/PERGMASX
Old 06-23-2005, 01:29 PM
Cal
TECH Veteran

OK, thanks for the reply. I don't want one bad enough to buy one; just wanted to use the factory changer I've already got. I removed it from my Camaro to save weight and was hoping to be able to use it in the truck. If I have to, I can rip the wire harness out of the Camaro; but I was hoping the wiring would already be present in the truck so wouldn't have to do that.
Old 06-24-2005, 01:50 AM
TECH Addict

The way that I understand it is that there is a plug in ther back of the deck that allows you to plug in a cd changer. It is then controlled through the AUX feature on the radio. When I did a little bit of looking, it seemed that the harness is not back there and would need to be purchased to make the cd changer work. Your Camaro harness might have the same style plug. You might be limited on length though.
Old 06-24-2005, 02:18 AM
Cal
TECH Veteran

It's a crew cab pickup, so there isn't really a deck area, but plenty of room under/behind the rear seat. Yeah it sure seems like they would have one harness that accomadates all options just like on the fbodys. I was hoping someone would know where the connector is so I don't have to tear the whole truck appart to find it. Maybe I'll have to try and beg some information out of the dealer, or buy the shop manual.
Old 06-25-2005, 12:42 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Cal
It's a crew cab pickup, so there isn't really a deck area, but plenty of room under/behind the rear seat. Yeah it sure seems like they would have one harness that accomadates all options just like on the fbodys. I was hoping someone would know where the connector is so I don't have to tear the whole truck appart to find it. Maybe I'll have to try and beg some information out of the dealer, or buy the shop manual.
I meant deck as in the stereo "deck".

TTT for you.