STEREO & ELECTRONICS Audio Components | Radars | Alarms | General Wiring

good amp for kicker cvr 12s?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 04:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Two 12's is the most common woofers setup, now maybe not in a smaller Colorado. But two 12's is double the cone area of a single ported 12", that may gain you with best results a 3db gain. The CVR's will work either ported or sealed.But if you have dual 12's and go as large as you can, then power each with 450-500 each, they'll do fine.

OP: if you need technical advice on the enclosure,email our technical guys at support@kicker.com
Old 10-24-2011, 06:58 PM
TECH Resident

Common... That alone says a lot, because the most common quality of sound from the average woofer setup is shitty. Refer to sig. I also have a Sierra, and I know of the difference in the area inside of the cab/behind the seat(s)/etc. I've been around audio ever since I knew what the word "audio" meant, but that doesn't mean a thing, neither does certification, nor does it mean a thing for a "support team" comparable to Best Buy's audio associates. I've got PLENTY of arrogant local Kicker/Rockford/Memphis retailers that have never heard of DD, Sundown, Focal, CDT, RE, or any of the higher quality brands. They flaunt their product to the point of where they believe it's only the best. It's a pride thing, I guess.That talk is so cheap that it's damn near free.

OP, go with the wiring suggestion that I previously mentioned and if you want to stick Kicker/mainstream/whatever, just go with a 750.1 or something along those lines. You'll learn as you go. Best of luck.
Old 10-25-2011, 09:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I know what you mean about dealing with some, 'people'. I've worked for Kicker for 24 years, and traveled and worked with our Competition members since 1990, and ran our team for many years. Our support team is the direct guys here that answer technical calls and emails daily. So it's not a bogus 'hotline'.
Knowing how our drivers work, and in the best enviroment would probably be best known by those whom design it, us. Hence my reasoning to tell the OP to call or email our technical line.
if you have any local dealer tnat has not heard of DD, Focal or CDT, then you have to look at other knowledgable dealers.
RE ( back when it was better than avergae now) Scott had a great thing going. He's a personal friend of mine, and once sold and he started Fi, he's still in the biz.
If you don't agree or like my suggestion, by all means. I was speaking to the Op anyways, he's the buyer in this. i'm just opening up suggestions from a line he asked about, since I work here.

OP:
The 750.1 will work, clamped will do about 850-900 watts, but in a SC your limited on space. May I suggest the IX10001, has more power, and a way smaller chassis.Two CVR dual 2's will give you a final impedance of 2 ohm. Run a minimum of 4 gauge in, if you can keep the voltage good, you'll have more than enough for what you want. The 750.1 is fine, just has a larger case. The IX10001 is about half the size, but dont let the size fool you.
If you have any other questions, feel free to PM me.