STEREO & ELECTRONICS Audio Components | Radars | Alarms | General Wiring

GM or Autopage experts please help 2001 TAHOE

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2006, 11:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GM or Autopage experts please help 2001 TAHOE

hello, kind of a long explaination but i really appriciate anyone who can help

( alarm was sent back to be fixed and they told me there was nothing wrong with it )

i have had a problem for quit sometime now but i think i figured it out i need a bit of help please.

i have a 2001 Chevy Tahoe v8. there is a AutoPage rs-850lcd installed in it.

i need to know what color wire in the truck connects to the following 6 wires PLEASE .

there is a 6pin plug on the autopage it is the main plug with the power wires.

1 Violet wire ---- Starter Output

2 RED wires ----- w/20amp fuses manual says they goto + 12volts high current source but if there is 2 seperate 12v feeds to the ignition switch then one RED wire should should be connected to each feed at the switch.

1 YELLOW wire ----- ignition wire from ignition switch

1 PINK wire ----- Ignition 2 Output

1 BROWN wire ----- Accessory Output ( Heater / ACC Output )

here is my problem: this is connected already but i think it is wrong. when it is pluged into the alarm brain my 40amp IGNITION fuse under the hood has power on both sides of the terminal ( while the fuse is out ) something is causing feedback. and it kill my battery

i think it is 1 of the red wires because 1 of the red wires is connected to to a soild red wire in the column. this wire has constant power but when i pull that 40amp fuse from under the hood out then the red wire has no power. when i disconnect the 6 pin plug from the alarm then there is only power on one side of the fuse like there should be.

the other red wire is conected to a really thick red with white stripe wire. this is constant with that fuse under the hood, but goes out the second it is removed.

sorry this so long but i tried to explain it the best i can....please try to help me....i haven't been ale to drive my truck since october
Old 04-03-2006, 10:49 PM
On The Tree

I've seen that before in about the same year Tahoe, try metering the voltage at the wire for Acc. if it is pulling power wrong wire.

That was the problem in the truck I fixed, yours maybe a different case.

I do about 3-5 remote start system a weak if you need some help I can PM out my login and password for some wiring listings.
Old 04-04-2006, 11:30 AM
TECH Apprentice

2lugnuts : thank you for the help and password offer i really appriciate that it is very kind of you ....i will definatly check that wire for voltage first, it rained here yestrerday, and today it looks like rain again. hopefully tommorrow it will be ok so that i can try this.

i will write back as soon as i have a chance to check it. and let u know if i need the wiring listing.

Thanks again and if u think of anything else it can be in the meantime please post.
Old 04-11-2006, 05:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

whats up guys?

i messed with the truck today.....quick question...the acc wire from the alarm is it ok if i connect it to the acc 2 wire of the truck.

the acc 1 wire of the truck was showing .009v while the truck was off.

besides that i ran a new wire just to see if my problem would go away stairght from the battery to the 2 power lines of the alarm and it did. there is no power on both sides of the fuse now.

i am going to buy a 8 gauge wire and run that instead....do u think i should be ok after that?

i appriciate all the time and help u pitched in, if u need help or something from the NY areas feel free to ask...i will do my best to help u out.
Old 04-13-2006, 11:04 AM
TECH Apprentice

whats up guys?

i messed with the truck today.....quick question...the acc wire from the alarm is it ok if i connect it to the acc 2 wire of the truck.

the acc 1 wire of the truck was showing .009v while the truck was off.

besides that i ran a new wire just to see if my problem would go away stairght from the battery to the 2 power lines of the alarm and it did. there is no power on both sides of the fuse now.

i am going to buy a 8 gauge wire and run that instead....do u think i should be ok after that?

i appriciate all the time and help u pitched in, if u need help or something from the NY areas feel free to ask...i will do my best to help u out.
Old 07-21-2017, 01:10 PM

Smile Help please and thanks.

Originally Posted by 2lugnuts
I've seen that before in about the same year Tahoe, try metering the voltage at the wire for Acc. if it is pulling power wrong wire.

That was the problem in the truck I fixed, yours maybe a different case.

I do about 3-5 remote start system a weak if you need some help I can PM out my login and password for some wiring listings.
Hello I'm new on here i'm trying to figure out if I need to connect acc2 on my 2004 Tahoe I'm going to be using the gm data all bypass with autostart 2 way alarm/remote starter. Thanks ryan.