STEREO & ELECTRONICS Audio Components | Radars | Alarms | General Wiring

Fuel Pressure Gauge/AFR

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2017, 06:52 AM
Staging Lane

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Fuel Pressure Gauge/AFR

Hey guys, i have a cammed LQ4 GMC Sierra, and i want to run an AFR Gauge and fuel pressure gauge to monitor the different systems and to make sure that the tune and truck are working the way they are suppose to. I plan on eventually putting boost to this motor but we shall see, so the main question is would you say that putting these gauges on a truck with minor motor work is a waist of time? Thank you for the help, been surfing this forum for years but just recently decided it was time to join.
Old 09-28-2017, 10:09 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 546 Likes on 472 Posts

A air fuel gauge is never a waste of time. If you've done any mods, knowing the AFR is a must to make sure everything is safe and to get the most out of the engine.

Fuel pressure is up the user I guess, if it's something you want to see then add the gauge.
Old 09-28-2017, 01:24 PM
Staging Lane

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

yes i definitely want AFR and i feel that fuel pressure will be a good idea to have in case there is a problem with my air to fuel ratio. The fuel pressure is a nice thing to rule out all together when there is a problem.
Old 09-30-2017, 08:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Never a bad idea to have those 2 gauges if you are modding your truck. I personally like having a fuel pressure gauge along with A/F guage.