STEREO & ELECTRONICS Audio Components | Radars | Alarms | General Wiring

All speakers work when hot inside, only tweeters work when cold?????

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2017, 10:18 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So on my 03 Sierra I have NO sound when it is cold. I do have the BOSE sound with factory amp. I noticed that the key chime and door dinger do not work either when the radio has no sound.
I believe that it all runs through the amp so I have came to the conclusion that there is something in the factory amp that is causing the problem. I have no idea why it only does it when the temp is 32 or below.
Old 04-05-2017, 02:12 PM

Default 2008 Suburban Same problem!

any new info or has anyone tried these suggestions and found any key info??
Old 10-20-2017, 06:39 AM

I have a 2008 Trailblazer that just started doing the same thing about a month ago. Just bought a 2008 HHR and it is doing the exact same thing. Seems to work fine later in the day after it is warmed up. Sometimes it will start blaring once it has warmed up and I’m drivi trying to listen to the radio.
Old 10-20-2017, 12:31 PM
Staging Lane

You need new speakers anyway ..... get some good ones that don't need an amp, like Pioneer TS-A1675R
I have amps and Memphis M class, but if I didn't have an amp I would have the Pioneer speakers.
Old 07-19-2018, 02:57 PM

Default Same issue

Originally Posted by Snake Eater
ok when I bought the truck it was hot out and the radio came right on, all speakers worked. In the morning or anytime its cold and you turn the radio on only the front 2 tweeters work. No rear or no front mids. Just the little tweeters. Well I figured it was something wrong with the factory radio so I installed a new JVC unit. Still the exact same thing, they only work when the truck has been sitting and the inside is hot. Once they are on they stay on and sound perfectly clear and fine. Once you turn the radio off though and back on once th inside of the truck is cool its back to just the tweeters working.

Is there some other plug or a common ground somewhere in the speakers that could cause all of them to act the same like this?

thanks

BTW its for an 05' LS truck.
I have the same issue with my Traverse. When I cranked up this morning only the tweeters were on. Speakers started back working around 11:30. After it rained about 2:00 and I cranked it back up only the tweeters were on again.
Old 07-21-2018, 05:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lilb Badger
I have the same issue with my Traverse. When I cranked up this morning only the tweeters were on. Speakers started back working around 11:30. After it rained about 2:00 and I cranked it back up only the tweeters were on again.

Does it have an uplevel audio system with subwoofer? If so, the sub amp is failing, usually stuffed between the glove box and HVAC.
Old 07-01-2019, 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by Snake Eater
ok when I bought the truck it was hot out and the radio came right on, all speakers worked. In the morning or anytime its cold and you turn the radio on only the front 2 tweeters work. No rear or no front mids. Just the little tweeters. Well I figured it was something wrong with the factory radio so I installed a new JVC unit. Still the exact same thing, they only work when the truck has been sitting and the inside is hot. Once they are on they stay on and sound perfectly clear and fine. Once you turn the radio off though and back on once th inside of the truck is cool its back to just the tweeters working.

Is there some other plug or a common ground somewhere in the speakers that could cause all of them to act the same like this?

thanks

BTW its for an 05' LS truck.
I have the same problem with my 07 Tahoe