STEREO & ELECTRONICS Audio Components | Radars | Alarms | General Wiring

2003 Silverado gauge cluster help

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2016, 01:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 Silverado gauge cluster help

I have an 03 Silverado SS that is effected by the infamous problem these trucks have with the gauges not working. If I wiggle the plug- the gauges spring to life. As soon as I bolt everything back in place and restart the truck, gauges don't work.

Is there a fix to this? Is there a plug with the terminals and pig tail already I can splice in place of the old one? Please let me know of how you fixed this or what you may have done to get rid of our old gauges. I'd like to keep the stock ones though.

Thanks!
Old 01-08-2017, 08:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 68 Likes on 61 Posts

have you checked the plug to make sure the wires are all still in good shape?

do all the lights still work? all the gauges going out?
Old 01-09-2017, 04:28 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep- plug is fine. I had a guy come and go through the board- he said that the board had bad connections in a bunch of the components- he said that when people jiggle the plug- it bends the circuit card enough to break more connections-

cost me a fair amount to have the guy come to my house, re-soder a buncha connections and replace a few stepper motors- but the cluster stopped working again- instead of messing with it- I special ordered it thru Orileys- $260 with a $300 core charge and a warranty -