SRT 10 ext cab at the gym.

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2005, 01:01 AM
Toe
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Heh, I tried running a stock srt-10 QC from a 45mph roll, he put a solid 3 truck lengths on me till I shut down at 90, and I am not exactly slow either.
Old 07-08-2005, 08:16 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Toe
Heh, I tried running a stock srt-10 QC from a 45mph roll, he put a solid 3 truck lengths on me till I shut down at 90, and I am not exactly slow either.
I didnt run the truck with the old setup at the track, but was consistantly turning low 13's on the G tech. That was with no intercooler, smaller, less efficient blower, less cubes and a smaller stall. Who knows, I may top it off with a 50 shot.
Obviously Im highly modded and he's stock etc etc
Old 07-09-2005, 05:27 PM
Teching In

[QUOTE=cmyhemi]The SRT-10 is the fastest production truck on the planet.[QUOTE]

Lets not get fastest and quickest confused
Old 07-09-2005, 06:10 PM
TECH Addict

[QUOTE=White Trash][QUOTE=cmyhemi]The SRT-10 is the fastest production truck on the planet.

Lets not get fastest and quickest confused
Agreed, but there are very few stock vehicles on here. Not to mention many of us arent satisfied with 500hp
Old 07-09-2005, 07:12 PM
Toe
TECH Regular

Well it's still the quickest production truck, just not by very much.
Old 07-14-2005, 11:08 AM
Teching In

Agreed, but there are very few stock vehicles on here. Not to mention many of us arent satisfied with 500hp [/QUOTE]

True. Most of us are modding, whether it be slowly or right after purchase. I think we can all agree on what it takes - time and money. I've personally owned Chevy/GMC trucks highly modded and loved it. Loved working on them and running them. Now I just have a new toy to play with.
Old 07-14-2005, 11:43 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by greentahoe
Im in Brandon Fl, basically a few blocks from Tampa. My truck is down temporarily, but I would love to race as soon as it is back. I will still be on the GT2's so we may have to go from a bit of a roll though

I am on the East coast near Daytona, so when you get it running again let me know. We can meet somewhere in the middle. Orlando or somewhere else.

I might not be stock by then though!
Old 07-14-2005, 06:43 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 1stDodge
I am on the East coast near Daytona, so when you get it running again let me know. We can meet somewhere in the middle. Orlando or somewhere else.

I might not be stock by then though!
That would be awesome. Maybe we could set up a bit of a new meet and greet for a bunch of members. I could get an actual solid idea as to how the new setup stacks up against what some of the modded lightnings and dodge guys are doing.
What kind of products are available for your motors??
Old 07-15-2005, 03:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

I dont know there is something really wrong with these trucks, I dont think people are being able to run them to their full potential. I really think that they should easily produce high 12's/ or very low low 13's (i mean easily). I really think there is something about the tranny that is hurting the RC. I see numbers all over the place for these trucks.

I think it is the shifter, are these trucks being run on some type of linkage adapter that is putting the shifter a further up on the tranny?
Old 07-15-2005, 04:35 PM
Teching In

I'd be interested in a meet. Gotta love a bunch of truck guys getting together and talking #'s.
In terms of the SRT10 having a shifting problem, yes and no. It's a long throw between gears and some are having problems hitting 3rd under full throttle. Obviously hooking is an issue. But on the good side, 2nd is a monster, they are long meaning you could get a lot out of just 1 gear. With the amount of torque these trucks produce you don't have to worry about lag. To be honest, you gotta drive it and you will understand why owners are loving them so much. Me personally, I've owned Chevy/GMC trucks modified. Before this truck I had a Silverado SS (custom suspension, shaved, intake, headers, exhaust..... nothing too much done but fun to drive). A stock truck with 500hp and 525 ft/lbs of torque...... impressive. Don't get me wrong, I think any truck with a lot of power or mods is impressive.
Just my 2 cents.

Quick Reply: SRT 10 ext cab at the gym.