Sponsor Feedback Report your sponsor transactions feedback here, good and/or bad!

Shockwarehouse purchase issue...

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 10:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shockwarehouse purchase issue...

I ordered 4 Bilstein shocks on 5/31 and hadn't seen the charge hit my credit card as of 6/7 so I called.... and left messages about 6 times. Finally I got ahold of someone after 3 days of calling.

According to the customer service rep on the phone, the reason my card hadn't been charged yet was because the shocks were "out of stock" ( which was never noted when I placed the order ) and they would be in stock as of 6/14 and would be processed/shipped immediately.

As of 6/16 my card had not been charged, the status on their website has not changed, and I still couldn't get ahold of anyone. I then received a phonecall/voicemail on my phone the afternoon of the 16th stating that my shocks would not be in stock until 6/24!!!

So I returned the phone call to straighten things out. The woman who answered the phone said my parts were in and and she was wondering if I would like them shipped out ( kinda a lame question... ) but I countered with the fact that I had just received a phone call stating my parts wouldn't be in until 6/24... so she transferred me. The gentleman who fielded my call after that confirmed that the parts wouldn't be in until 6/24. I re-iterated to him the fact that when I placed my order, i wasn't told of any delay in shipping, etc... and then never received communications until I hounded them with voicemails and phonecalls regarding my card having not been charged. Then I was promised an instock/shipping date of 6/14 and again I went through the same phonecall processes. Ultimately I asked him to cancel my order as their communication/customer service was obviously not up to standard. He didn't try to smooth anything out, just rudely said "ok" and hung up the phone.

I will not be dealing with this company again, even if their prices are the best around.

My $.02
Old 06-17-2010, 05:11 PM
FormerVendor

We apologize for the miscommunication, and for the fact that you were not informed sooner about your parts being on backorder. Bilstein has a vast quantity of parts that are on backorder with dates constantly changing, and sometimes more than once a week. Those familiar with Bilstein parts, as well as the auto parts industry as a whole, understand this issue, and are willing to wait, especially for high quality Bilstein shocks. Many times they have had to wait much longer than you did. We try to inform customers regarding backorders as soon as Bilstein informs us. For this reason, we do not charge customers until the parts are being shipped.

Regarding our customer service, we constantly check and respond to our messages. Our records show that you contacted us on June 7th with maybe two phone calls, and not six (we checked the caller ID. If you contacted us with a different number please let us know). We then contacted you the following day, not three days later, where we confirmed your shipping address, and gave you a date of June 14th based on the information that we received from Bilstein. Once we learned of the new date on June 16th, we tried to contact you.

You have every right to post your experience on this forum. However, we find it truly interesting that the facts of your story differ from the facts that we have documented in your file.
Old 06-17-2010, 06:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would be happy they didnt charge me until the order was on hand and processed. Seems like you were treated pretty fair, parts were just out of stock.
Old 06-19-2010, 10:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Not upset that the parts were backordered because that's obviously not under their control, I was upset with the customer service and communication. And yes, I did call from a different number. My work number, which dials out from a call center with about 40 different lines. If a part is backordered, tell me right away when I place the order, not when I call a week and a half later. I was led to believe I would have my parts with in 7-10 business days per the order confirmation. I will be the first to say, the price was the best available anywhere, but I needed parts right away... and the communication regarding that was very poor. I'm in sales and customer service myself and I would never complain about a customer service level I didn't expect from myself. Apparently we have a differing opinion regarding good customer service and communication.
Old 06-19-2010, 10:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

btw....I ordered those same bilsteins from summitracing and amazon.com on 6/17 at 3pm, they were delivered this morning at 10 am. total cost, $5 less ( amazon happened to have my two front shocks with free shipping for $52 bucks each, which averaged out the price for the rears at summit $70 each. )
Old 06-19-2010, 10:12 AM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Interesting.....Maybe I will shop for my shocks elsewhere.

For reference; Shockguy....if you had just said, "yea we fugged up sorry bro" I would have had different thoughts about buying parts from you. The fact that you are trying to make the customer look bad does not bode well for your business ethics.
Old 06-19-2010, 04:32 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bummer, my shocks are beat too...guess I'll take my business elsewhere...