Sponsor Feedback Report your sponsor transactions feedback here, good and/or bad!

PeformaBuilt Inside Please

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 10:26 AM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BlownChevy
Guys, I have contacted you several times about a transmission and referred countless people to you from across my desk at Magnuson. Recently I have been told that your service has fell off and the quality of the trans is not what you advertise. I would like to know why a customer that I sent you last week (in ventura) was sent a transmission with "used" parts in it. I would also like to know why a customer (a board member) that was referred to you has been through 3 or 4 transmissions from you.

I do not take this lightly, my referrals are as good as gold. When I have a customer holding me personally responsible for the lack of quality I have an issue. Post up, I am waiting.
First off I have no idea who you are and am unaware of any one customer you are speaking of who has been through 3 ro 4 transmissions from us, If you are speaking on USABODYGUARD he has had one transmission that was working fine and decided the converter he had was stalled higher than he would like and we sent him another converter. I spoke with him and listened to the sound and am relativly sure they new converter failed. But things do and can happen. We will take car of that. Now on the matter of used parts , DIDNT happen period! We replace all the clutches, band , bushings, and every part thats listed to be replaced in the build spec on the web site. Plus any part that do not exceed OEM specifications on hard parts.
I have no idea on what you mean by service. I am available 7 days a week from 9 in the morning till midnight eastern time, In fact you could call me right now and I would be on the other end of the phone!
Our quality and or customer service has not dropped in any way. If you have a problem with us you should be contacting me so at least I would know who you are, Before posting here!
Frank at PerformaBuilt

Originally Posted by usabodyguard
+1 here too brian... bought their level 3 "insane" model after a couple of recommendations about 3 months ago... trans was rated "750+hp" and I have a measly 430 to the wheels...

BOOM - mine blew this MORNING on my way home from work...

I sure hope they help me and fast... this is my only driver and i cant afford to rent a car for the next week or two...

I just had the trans RR'd 2 weeks ago because my original TC was stalled way too high... another $400 down the drain...
Please help!

I have only spoken to you breifly about your problem. I did hear the sound and beleave the converter we sent you may failed , Thats what it sounded like from the noise you let me hear over the phone. We will be taking care of you. When you decided you didnt like the stall and wanted lower did we not send you another right out. I am sorry that it may have failed but we arent even sure what happened the trans was working great until after the new converter was installed.

Originally Posted by TXsilverado
i wasnt guna say anything but im curious about what happened to a thread where i was asking a question to performabuilt that concearned them recomending the smaller transmission to me, then later saying that HP levels as high as mine will be should get the biggest one.
The thread you speak of was a sales thread and that sale ended. So as is normal it was deleted to avoid confusion, I am confident that the trans we sold you is fine in your aplication , But yes I perfer people get beyond what the need rather than just what they need. It makes sense to have overkill rather than just enough if its within the budget.
You have ben running the truck for sometime with no issue in fact we have a video of your truck at the track on our website. I wouldnt sell you a trans I didnt think was adequate since it would make no sense from a business perspective since we do have to warranty it if it fails and its quite costly to do so,
Frank at PerformaBuilt
Old 12-09-2007, 10:42 AM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by performabuilt
First off I have no idea who you are and am unaware of any one customer you are speaking of who has been through 3 ro 4 transmissions from us, If you are speaking on USABODYGUARD he has had one transmission that was working fine and decided the converter he had was stalled higher than he would like and we sent him another converter. I spoke with him and listened to the sound and am relativly sure they new converter failed. But things do and can happen. We will take car of that. Now on the matter of used parts , DIDNT happen period! We replace all the clutches, band , bushings, and every part thats listed to be replaced in the build spec on the web site. Plus any part that do not exceed OEM specifications on hard parts.
The members I speak of are more than just Dave, If they chose to post up fine.

The one that bugs me the most is the customer in Ventura that I sent to you based on what I considered to be an honest business. The customer called me on Friday irate about the transmission and the service. Tell me why used parts were used in a brand new transmission? Do your research, you will know who I am talking about. I took a chance and sent work your way, and it bit me in the ***. Although I am not, I feel responsible for the lack of quality he received. Telling a customer that the used parts are there because they are "seasoned" is ridiculous.

Man up Frank, the proof is in the pudding. I would rather see you approach the facts with admittance than with denial.

If you have no ideal who I am then I guess the person I PM'ed about a transmission was not you, however he is a representative of your company.
Old 12-09-2007, 10:53 AM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

Originally Posted by BlownChevy
The members I speak of are more than just Dave, If they chose to post up fine.

The one that bugs me the most is the customer in Ventura that I sent to you based on what I considered to be an honest business. The customer called me on Friday irate about the transmission and the service. Tell me why used parts were used in a brand new transmission? Do your research, you will know who I am talking about. I took a chance and sent work your way, and it bit me in the ***. Although I am not, I feel responsible for the lack of quality he received. Telling a customer that the used parts are there because they are "seasoned" is ridiculous.

Man up Frank, the proof is in the pudding. I would rather see you approach the facts with admittance than with denial.

If you have no ideal who I am then I guess the person I PM'ed about a transmission was not you, however he is a representative of your company.
Ok I know who you are speaking of, The trans was ordered simply as a level 3 from GARS transmissions. I only spoke to the gentlman who owned for the first time friday , Personally , And what he is speaking of is the output shaft which is a hard part, His concern was that it was not a billet shaft, But the shop there did not ask for nor order a billet shaft nor pay for one! Output shafts are not replaced unless damaged or broken in some way they are considered a hard part by every transmission rebuilder period, Not a standard replacement. When you say used parts you should know what your speaking of? Do you think that every part inside a remanufatured trans is replaced? By anyone? No! Soft parts . Frictions and upgraded parts are installed as specified. The regular hard parts are inspected and tested to meet spec and the reused. Output shafts. Input shafts, planetaries. With the exception of the level 3 which gets OEM 5 pins. He got exactly what the shop who made the order ask for they wantd the level 3 as listed on the website they ask for nothing more.
Frank
Old 12-09-2007, 11:12 AM
blownerator

Frank, when a high end shop takes apart your "performabuilt" trans and asked why didn't they clean the parts it raises many questions. I am sorry, you are not going to convince me that you have the ability to build a trans with any QC. There are more on the GTO forum, and more in other places of the web. This one bit me, so I am bringing it up. You have answered the questions, and there is no end to the madness. Buyer beware In my opinion of course.

I asked, you replied. This is over IMHO. Respond and it will be locked so that noone can continue to bring it up.
Old 12-09-2007, 12:52 PM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

Yes I am sure if you dig around all over the net you can find PerformaBuil units that have failed as you can anyones, We sell performance transmissions that are abused so it happens,We have also sold around 700 units in the past year and few odd months , So Yes I am sure you can find a few as you can if you do serches for anyone elses product, Percentage wise It wont be large or considered a significant number but then of course it dosent need to be since if you find 5 or ten that have a problem no ones ever going to know about the other 600 some odd that didnt they are only gonna see those posted.
As for Quality control , That I take offense at Since that is part of my job and I am at the shop several times a week just to keep tabs on this area. If indeed a reputable shop tore down our unit and found it was not cleaned I wanna know this and I want pictures of it posted here in the public forum so I can address it. If indeed this is the case! I do not apreciate being called out in a public forum when I have no idea whats going on , No ones called me . The shop GARTHS you mentioned on the "used" Parts did not order a billet output shaft nor did they ask about a price on one. They ask for a level 3 the first I knew anything was when there customer called me to ask about it after delivery. Garth himself did not order the trans, A lady there did and I will be contacting her again monday.
But I do feel this entire thread is out of line and I would like some proof in pictures of this dirty unit and not sent to me but posted here! There will indeed be fluid in the unit because we run them in a car before we ship them each and every one , We then pull the pan and inspect again so I still find this to be highly unlikley! But if proof is tendored I will then address it , I sent you a PM asking who you are because I dont know? You havent replied.
Thats all I have to say about this till I have more information.
Frank at PerformaBuilt

PS , I did a search and I only found where I have received three PMs from you they were this week wanting to know what we could do as far as sponsorship for your truck in the way of getting a trans all were done on tuesday, I went back three months. I ask you to send me more infomation about your truck which I never received.

Last edited by performabuilt; 12-09-2007 at 01:45 PM. Reason: added information
Old 12-09-2007, 01:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok guys its obvious that frnk is trying to rectify the problrm, as he is taking care of daves case, and is "trying" to work with brian, lets please try to keep this civil, and work on fact and not bash eachother or said company. Lets just see if we can get the issue at hand figured out and resolved
Old 12-09-2007, 05:32 PM
blownerator

Yes I am sure if you dig around all over the net you can find PerformaBuil units that have failed as you can anyones, We sell performance transmissions that are abused so it happens,We have also sold around 700 units in the past year and few odd months , So Yes I am sure you can find a few as you can if you do serches for anyone elses product, Percentage wise It wont be large or considered a significant number but then of course it dosent need to be since if you find 5 or ten that have a problem no ones ever going to know about the other 600 some odd that didnt they are only gonna see those posted.
As for Quality control , That I take offense at Since that is part of my job and I am at the shop several times a week just to keep tabs on this area. If indeed a reputable shop tore down our unit and found it was not cleaned I wanna know this and I want pictures of it posted here in the public forum so I can address it. If indeed this is the case! I do not apreciate being called out in a public forum when I have no idea whats going on , No ones called me . The shop GARTHS you mentioned on the "used" Parts did not order a billet output shaft nor did they ask about a price on one. They ask for a level 3 the first I knew anything was when there customer called me to ask about it after delivery. Garth himself did not order the trans, A lady there did and I will be contacting her again monday.
But I do feel this entire thread is out of line and I would like some proof in pictures of this dirty unit and not sent to me but posted here! There will indeed be fluid in the unit because we run them in a car before we ship them each and every one , We then pull the pan and inspect again so I still find this to be highly unlikley! But if proof is tendored I will then address it , I sent you a PM asking who you are because I dont know? You havent replied.
Thats all I have to say about this till I have more information.
Frank at PerformaBuilt

PS , I did a search and I only found where I have received three PMs from you they were this week wanting to know what we could do as far as sponsorship for your truck in the way of getting a trans all were done on tuesday, I went back three months. I ask you to send me more infomation about your truck which I never received.

Frank dont worry about my request for a discount on a transmission. I was not nor would I ever ask for anything for free. In light of the recent events, I will pass on doing any business with performabuilt. You have answered my questions, I am not looking to see how you handle the issues.
Old 12-09-2007, 06:41 PM
Blown 427 LSX

just had to chime in... this is my first trans from PB... and before the new TC it was working normally...

i have spoken to frank over the weekend and i will know a course of action monday...

he assures me they will make things right.
Old 12-09-2007, 06:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by usabodyguard
just had to chime in... this is my first trans from PB... and before the new TC it was working normally...

i have spoken to frank over the weekend and i will know a course of action monday...

he assures me they will make things right.
i spoke directly to them too... it looks like everything is on the up and up, and the issues should be handled shortly.... sorry to hear about your problem dave.... it looks like your trans may need a bodyguard... or is it the tq converter??
Old 12-10-2007, 09:54 AM

Received 222 Likes on 148 Posts

The thread you speak of was a sales thread and that sale ended. So as is normal it was deleted to avoid confusion, I am confident that the trans we sold you is fine in your aplication , But yes I perfer people get beyond what the need rather than just what they need. It makes sense to have overkill rather than just enough if its within the budget.
You have ben running the truck for sometime with no issue in fact we have a video of your truck at the track on our website. I wouldnt sell you a trans I didnt think was adequate since it would make no sense from a business perspective since we do have to warranty it if it fails and its quite costly to do so,
Frank at PerformaBuilt
damn. my bad, i didnt know that the thread expired. i never got to see the response so it seemed to me that the thread mighta been removed to avoid the subject... and for the record my tranny is still performing flawless. no regrets on going with performabuilt for me

Quick Reply: PeformaBuilt Inside Please