Sponsor Feedback Report your sponsor transactions feedback here, good and/or bad!

Nelson Performance

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2012, 05:47 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nelson Performance

Does this guy know anything about customer service? Truck was tuned and I told them twice it had longtubes and highflow cats. Then why do I have cat codes and no one will return my call? Do you guys go through this with other tuners?? I've been to Allen Nelsons shop and heard the telephone ring and ring but it didn't seem to get anyone attention. How do I get this so called tune out of my ECU and start over???

Help guys, I hate to pay hard earned money and get the SHAFT
Old 02-17-2012, 05:57 PM
11 Second Hall Moniter

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by DVS 99
Does this guy know anything about customer service? Truck was tuned and I told them twice it had longtubes and highflow cats. Then why do I have cat codes and no one will return my call? Do you guys go through this with other tuners?? I've been to Allen Nelsons shop and heard the telephone ring and ring but it didn't seem to get anyone attention. How do I get this so called tune out of my ECU and start over???

You can't, he locks the pcm.
Old 02-17-2012, 06:03 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by AKlowriderZ71
You can't, he locks the pcm.
Then I'll buy a new one
Old 02-17-2012, 06:10 PM
11 Second Hall Moniter

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm going to move this thread to the sponsor feedback section. Perhaps somebody from Nelson Performance will see the thread and respond.
Old 02-17-2012, 06:17 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by AKlowriderZ71
I'm going to move this thread to the sponsor feedback section. Perhaps somebody from Nelson Performance will see the thread and respond.
Thank You!!!
Old 02-17-2012, 06:24 PM
TECH Veteran

I haven't dealt with him in a while but he did one of my older pickups and usually got back to me pretty quick through email. Hope he gets to you soon and gets things fixed for ya
Old 02-17-2012, 06:30 PM
TECH Regular

Ye it does seem like they dont like to pick the phone up, but when they do they get on the ball.
Old 02-17-2012, 07:11 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DVS 99

why not just to go his shop again?

youre not the only one he tunes? he has thousands of customers and with the ls1truck shoot out going on next weekend he has quiet a few trucks to get ready!! when did you first call? did you wait 24 hours for him to call you back? the guy is only human though he does have someone to answer the phone but she could have been busy also!!

he has alot going on with the ls1truck shootout i think you just picked a bad time to get a tune sorry for your fustrations but the guy knows what hes doing its not like your truck is the first one..

have you cleared the codes to see if they would or wouldnt come back? what are the code numbers anyway?

and yes everyone goes through it regardless of tuners!!! how long has it been for all this to take place anyway!!! from the time you got your tune to the time you called to the time you posted?
Old 02-18-2012, 02:17 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by skeet
why not just to go his shop again?

youre not the only one he tunes? he has thousands of customers and with the ls1truck shoot out going on next weekend he has quiet a few trucks to get ready!! when did you first call? did you wait 24 hours for him to call you back? the guy is only human though he does have someone to answer the phone but she could have been busy also!!

he has alot going on with the ls1truck shootout i think you just picked a bad time to get a tune sorry for your fustrations but the guy knows what hes doing its not like your truck is the first one..

have you cleared the codes to see if they would or wouldnt come back? what are the code numbers anyway?

and yes everyone goes through it regardless of tuners!!! how long has it been for all this to take place anyway!!! from the time you got your tune to the time you called to the time you posted?
Your right, I'm not the only one he tunes for but anyone who tunes for money should know you going to get P0420 and P0430 with longtube headers. I had them on in April when I drove 200 miles to get there. Called serveral times and now need state inspection but can't pass the readiness test because I have to keep clearing the codes. This is stock truck, long tubes and CAI. Really, do you think he's busy? I've been three times and only seen 1 other customer. How long would it take to call back? How long to delete the rear O2's?
You really think he's that busy?
Old 02-18-2012, 02:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

with the shootout around the corner good luck getting ahold of them. Every company has there busy season and this is his. Allen has said it multiple times that he has an answering service for the shop and "YOU HAVE TO LEAVE A MESSAGE TO GET A CALL BACK". If you've tried emailing your probably better off emailing one of the girls in the office, here are there email:

Lisa@nelsonperformance.com
erica@nelsonperformance.com

Allen is a good tuner but like david mentioned its a busy time.

Quick Reply: Nelson Performance