Southern FL, GA, AL, LA, MS, TN, SC, NC,......AR

Why am I so damn tempted..........

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 04:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why am I so damn tempted..........

..........to part this damn truck out and dump the money into my Camaro? Would having a ten second Camaro really be that much more fun than an 11 sec truck? I sure would like to do some sort of FI setup on the car and say to hell with the truck.
Old 12-19-2007, 04:20 PM
11 Second Truck Club

Why not sell the camaro and buy stuff for the truck.
Old 12-19-2007, 04:24 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by slowprocess
..........to part this damn truck out and dump the money into my Camaro? Would having a ten second Camaro really be that much more fun than an 11 sec truck? I sure would like to do some sort of FI setup on the car and say to hell with the truck.
I think about that al the time. Would a faster car be more fun? Yes and no.
Fast cars are a dime a dozen. Fast trucks, even though there are more now then ever, are still somewhat rare. Just think though, an fbody weighs what? 3800 pounds roughly? That would be right at .7 faster just from the weight, then figure in areodynamics.....**** yeah, low ten second car with the same setup we already run
I still like my truck though. I plan to keep it for a life long project.
Old 12-19-2007, 04:45 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 135 Likes on 89 Posts

I have though about this a lot over the years and really came to fruition this past summer when I had some problems with the LS1. I could either redo the LS1, change the converter and make it more dd friendly and buy a car to play with or do my dream setup with the truck. Well we all know which route I picked and it is turning into a money pit and I am looking at buying something else for a DD that I can tow the truck with and be reliable(ie not breaking **** all the time). However, the Silvy is my baby which I have put a lot of time, money, blood, sweat and tears into and she's not going anywhere. She's gonna be a badass bitch one day!
Now Jeremy, in you situation where you already have a truck and a car... it would be the logical decision to make the truck a dd/tow vehicle and make the Camaro "dirty".
Old 12-19-2007, 04:54 PM

Received 222 Likes on 148 Posts

heres how i look at it...sure 10's would be nice....but when you kick a corvette off the track, or blow the doors off of a porshe in a truck you get a certain satisfaction and at the same time you make the owner of the sports car even more embarrised. every time i beat a slightly modded camaro i giggle inside, and sometimes out loud haha.

suppose your in your camaro beating up on other sports cars. it just doesnt seem like as much of an accomplishment because the two started on the same playing field. im all about the underdogs (trucks) were heavy and very non-aerodynamic but will still kick butt
Old 12-19-2007, 05:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by TXsilverado
heres how i look at it...sure 10's would be nice....but when you kick a corvette off the track, or blow the doors off of a porshe in a truck you get a certain satisfaction and at the same time you make the owner of the sports car even more embarrised. every time i beat a slightly modded camaro i giggle inside, and sometimes out loud haha.

suppose your in your camaro beating up on other sports cars. it just doesnt seem like as much of an accomplishment because the two started on the same playing field. im all about the underdogs (trucks) were heavy and very non-aerodynamic but will still kick butt
im with this guy..you beet a corvette in your camaro and the corvette guy is think yes its a camaro, hes fast anyways..and people at the track wouldnt think much of it, you join the other 20,000 fast camaros...now take your truck and walk away from the same corvette and hes thinkin holy ****, that truck just kicked my ***, now if i had a corvette and got beet by a truck on the track infront of a thousand people i would be severely embarrased and prolly not go back to that track just for people to say "Hey thats that corvette that got beet by that truck!!" just depends on how you see things..i went through the same phase and this was just the way i saw it.. i guess you can say we're like fast ricers, you take somethin thats not fast and not made to be fast, and you DO make it fast
Old 12-19-2007, 06:42 PM
FormerVendor

Its something I wish I hadnt have done, sure the car is wayyyyy more fun to drive than the truck, but when it came to playing on the street or track, the truck was just awsome. Everytime I go to the track with Derek @ EDO and people come up to ya saying how badass it is or that they have never seen a NBS truck move that fast it brings back fun memories. Im actually building another truck now
Old 12-19-2007, 06:50 PM
11 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by 02White6.0
Its something I wish I hadnt have done, sure the car is wayyyyy more fun to drive than the truck, but when it came to playing on the street or track, the truck was just awsome. Everytime I go to the track with Derek @ EDO and people come up to ya saying how badass it is or that they have never seen a NBS truck move that fast it brings back fun memories. Im actually building another truck now
it's stuff like that that keeps me going
Old 12-19-2007, 07:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

It the sleeper/different thing that is fun with a truck and would not trade to a fast car. Fast cars are plentiful, everybody seems to have one and all are used to them. I've had it happen several times at the track and posted about it before. A particular time at the track sitting beside a gorgeous fast late model Cobra that had been running high tens every pass down the track. I had a half dozen guys standing around my truck giving me mad props and quizzing me on the setup for running low 12's. Not a one of them giving the Cobra a second look.
Old 12-19-2007, 08:14 PM
Sexy Party Mod

Just thinking of a tranny or cam/spring swap in an Fbody is enough to kill the bug up my ***.

Quick Reply: Why am I so damn tempted..........