Southern FL, GA, AL, LA, MS, TN, SC, NC,......AR

Traffic Cameras

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 09:53 AM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 01 Thunder
The ones on top of the lights are not cameras..
they are for traffic control like stated above..
like the metro cameras on the Freeway.
the ones that take your pic are located behind the intersection being targeted.
so that when you go through the intersection they can take a pic of your license plate.
if it was above the traffic light it wouldnt be able to see your license.

if you look at all the pics takin when a citation is given they are from behind, and with the vehicle in the middle of the intersection.

if you look closely at the intersections where they are doing this you will notice a large box on a pole on the side of the street, right before you get to the intersection..
this is where the camera is located.
bingo. Here is a ticket from one of our vans recently. This one isn't a traffic light, this a speeding spot. IT IS CLEARLY MARKED when you turn the corner. This driver has gotten 6 tickets in the same spot. You'd think he'd learn. But the traffic lights work the exact same way. As soon as the light goes yellow and laser preps the white lines (if you have laser detectors you'll notice) and as soon as the light goes red, the lasors go into "armed". You break that in any MPH it will process you a ticket. If you stop and yet still have your pic taken, there is supposed to be humans who go over the tickets here in DC Metro area to insure there are 2, count em, TWO pics of your vehicle when you run a red light. It measures EVERYTHING. The Hughes Network built the ones in DC and I am sure have soemthing to do with most others in the other states. (Hughes was one of the 3 companies selling satelite secrets to China a few years ago.)

Enjoy the personal info.
Old 05-29-2007, 10:00 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They have the cameras here in cleveland, not tickets ever issued and are rarely even checked. Only on special occasions. And only at our Major intersection of 8 and 61
Old 05-29-2007, 11:25 AM
High on diesel fumes

Originally Posted by dewmanshu
bingo. Here is a ticket from one of our vans recently. This one isn't a traffic light, this a speeding spot. IT IS CLEARLY MARKED when you turn the corner. This driver has gotten 6 tickets in the same spot. You'd think he'd learn. But the traffic lights work the exact same way. As soon as the light goes yellow and laser preps the white lines (if you have laser detectors you'll notice) and as soon as the light goes red, the lasors go into "armed". You break that in any MPH it will process you a ticket. If you stop and yet still have your pic taken, there is supposed to be humans who go over the tickets here in DC Metro area to insure there are 2, count em, TWO pics of your vehicle when you run a red light. It measures EVERYTHING. The Hughes Network built the ones in DC and I am sure have soemthing to do with most others in the other states. (Hughes was one of the 3 companies selling satelite secrets to China a few years ago.)

Enjoy the personal info.

They don't take a pic of the driver there? Here in AZ all of the cameras (red light or speed) take two pics - one of the driver's face, and one of the license plate. If you get one and it's clearly not you driving you can go down to court and have it dismissed if you just tell them that you don't know who was driving. They look and see if the pic matches the registered owner's face. If not, they throw it out.

Here's some more good news if any of you cross through AZ - Scottsdale did a pilot program with speed cameras on the freeway. Apparently it was very successful, dropped average speed in the camera areas by like 10-15 mph. Now the plan is for the state to take control of the cameras and expand the program gradually to all of the freeways in the Phoenix area.
Old 05-29-2007, 12:08 PM

No not yet that I know of on the face shots here. Maybe the newer camera locations. But I saw on TV just the other day where most western states are modeling the Europe traffic camera programs which is exactly that, face shots. Here in MD and DC if your defense is "I wasn't driving" you have to have an affidavit stating so and who was driving, I think.
Old 05-29-2007, 12:19 PM

Here's one of the first traffic signals in MD. It's up XLR8NSS' way. This is old, back in Nov 2002, but if you can see on the lower right of the ticket, there is a person's computer signature affirming the human inspection.

Old 05-29-2007, 12:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

This is one of the times im glad i live in Alabama.. we are so far behind on things like this but i am not complaining as I have been known to run a red light or two..
Old 05-29-2007, 12:28 PM
High on diesel fumes

Originally Posted by dewmanshu
Here's one of the first traffic signals in MD. It's up XLR8NSS' way. This is old, back in Nov 2002, but if you can see on the lower right of the ticket, there is a person's computer signature affirming the human inspection.
"63 MPH Haha"

Old 05-29-2007, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by thunder550
"63 MPH Haha"

i think the speed limit was 35 and he got a red light ticket instead. LOL

When I get these in the mail, I just take the fine out of their paycheck and put a copy of the infraction with their paystub. That guy is like the other guy, just didn't care. Hell this guy put a prism sheet on his plate, I thought he was doing good for awhile until the county cops confiscated the cover and he started getting tickets again.
Old 05-29-2007, 01:59 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ridnlow
This is one of the times im glad i live in Alabama.. we are so far behind on things like this but i am not complaining as I have been known to run a red light or two..
Same thing here, no cameras. If no one is around I treat red lights like stop signs. Stop, look both ways, floor it.

I also found out the other day that those little radar trailers that they park on the shoulder of the highway to show you how fast you are going don't max out at 99mph. Got one to show 02mph (102) before the limiter kicked in.
Old 05-29-2007, 02:50 PM
TECH Addict

If your worried about it, get a Equalizer VF2 photo jammer...google it. Or, just obey the law.

Quick Reply: Traffic Cameras