Southern FL, GA, AL, LA, MS, TN, SC, NC,......AR

Texas, Guess it's our turn....hurricane

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2005, 01:44 PM

Received 222 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
Ill start a thread in the morning when I get into work(6am) for everyone to check in and let us know how you faired. Good luck to everyone guys even though I live in AL right now my home is still in houston.
were not guna have any electricity for a few days i hear they plan on shutting off the power when the winds get up around 50mph so they dont have to deal with blown transformers when trees fall on the lines
Old 09-23-2005, 04:20 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

There are still going to be people on the west side that probably wont lose power. I realize most people will lose power but the thread would be there for when they do. Not to mention the people that have other guys numbers that could say hey so and so made it alright just stuck in the dark. Tx I hope you have your truck up high so it doesnt get flooded out it would be a shame for a nice truck like that to get f'ed up.
Old 09-23-2005, 07:39 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i am on the northside of lake travis with some friends and family. took 15 hours or so, most of which was on beltway 8. we found a quicker way to get home. i left my truck in pearland in my friend's garage so I could my mom's vette. It would be nice if his garage holds up - as well as our house, of course.
Old 09-24-2005, 10:33 AM
TECH Resident

there is power in pearland so we are going to stay there until texas city gets power. we are still waiting to hear what kind of damage there is around our house.
Old 09-24-2005, 02:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

whats up guys checking in from mexico!!! thats right, drinking some corona´s!!

well i left thursday morning at 01:00. and traffic was a bitch...took me about 4.5hours to drive 50miles... and took me 12hrs to get to the border instead of the usual 5hrs.... and trying to get gas was hell i didnt find gas until 180miles away from houston.. alot of cars with no gas down on the road..my neighbor stayed and i just called him and he said everything was good no flooding and we still have electricity so hopefully i leave mexico tonight to try to avoid traffic going back into town... oh yeah im taking 2 - 5gal of gasoline just in case... i can get to houston with a full tank of gas and still have about a quarter left but you never know with the traffic...??? well everyone else be careful on the way back home...
Old 09-24-2005, 04:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Nothing happend in my part of town!! Electricity dindt go out, the transformers were turned off for an hour just for precaution. But everything is fine a little tree limbs here and there but no biggies. We had wind guts about 40mph but not as strong as I expected.

I hear traffic is gonna be hell again back into Houston. The mayor says dont come back untill further notice but no one is complying. I dont blame'em. Cant wait to see everything back to normal here.Houston was a ghost town for a while.
Old 09-24-2005, 05:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

boy am I tired!

Drove to San Antonio on Monday for my grandmother's funeral, then came home on Tuesday night. Got up on Wednesday, put all the furniture as high as I could, taped the windows, then left for Laredo around 11am and got there at the usual 6hrs. Left this morning around 10:30am and got home around 4pm today to find nothing bad except for loose shingles in the parking lot of the apt complex. 59N is a breeze, hardly no traffic at all, then took the beltway to the southside. Ive driven over 1100 miles in about 6 days and Im 2k over for my oil change. I'm ready to get some good sleep.

FYI, holy **** you should see the collection of moth's & butterflies in my radiator!
Old 09-24-2005, 05:55 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Well I am glad it wasn't as bad as they expected. I hope Houston gets back to normal soon cause the truck scene there is insane.
Old 09-24-2005, 07:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by OUT2WIN
Well I am glad it wasn't as bad as they expected. I hope Houston gets back to normal soon cause the truck scene there is insane.
yup! we just need some gas and for the grocery stores to open and everything should start settling back down.
Old 09-25-2005, 07:35 AM
TECH Senior Member

I made it out of town to Bastrop (Just s/e of Austin). It took 14.5 hrs of driving, with about 2.5 in stops for **** breaks and dog walking. We did sit in line for 1 hour at a gas station and when I finally got to the pump, they ran out. I used my GPS and Microsoft streets and Trips 2005 to navigate the back roads. Some people I know that stayed on the evac routes were taking 24 hours to get to Austin. I made it home in 3 hours.

Quick Reply: Texas, Guess it's our turn....hurricane