Southern FL, GA, AL, LA, MS, TN, SC, NC,......AR

Soooooooooooooooooooo, The Engagement Saga continues......................

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 09:29 PM
Resident Retard

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Soooooooooooooooooooo, The Engagement Saga continues......................

Figured you guys needed some humor so I will share the last 4 days with you....

In case you forgot the previous thread.....
https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...d.php?t=425419
remember this is when I earned my user title..... it was not as bad as I made it out to sound.... Just trying to be humorous at my expense....

Saturday night
My GF and I went and looked at rings again (I asked in person this time), we pretty much decided on what she wanted... So I plan on returning the following weekend and buying it.... I was planning on formallly giving it to her in about a month, cause the ring has to be ordered from the designer.... BTW don't ever say get whatever you want at a jewelery store.....

Sunday day
I get a call from my her while me and a few friends were at the track.... She had a fight with her sister so she wanted to get out of the house, so she goes to walmart..... So what does she buy, WEDDING MAGAZINES, and a notebook to start her planning........ Keep in mind I have not bought a ring yet......

Sunday Night
She informs me that we need to pick a place to have it cause it has to be this summer, and in Colorado (we live in texas, she is from Colorado), cause she is a school teacher, and she can't take time off and places fill up fast.... hmmmmmmmmmm...... OK........... Keep in mind I have not bought ring yet......

Monday Night
We go on our daily walk and we start talking about different things we want in the wedding, registering for gifts, getting a wedding planner, honeymoon trips, etc.... Keep in mind I have not bought ring yet......

Tuesday Night
She has allready emailed about 10 different places that she likes asking for available dates, I am a little shocked and overwhelmed at this point, but I keep my cool, and give my opinion on the TYPED UP LIST, and Bookmarked on her computer, color coded even..... Keep in mind I have not bought ring yet......

So needless to say I am freaking out a little bit..... This is what I want more than anything but damn, it is all coming at me at once....... OH and she kinda mentioned moving in my house in January....... FREAKIN SWEET!!!!!!!
Old 10-14-2008, 09:32 PM
Truck Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LOL thats women
It'll be alright,just roll with it is the best advise I can tell ya,if that is what you want of course.
Old 10-14-2008, 09:32 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

haha, nice work man! congrats!

btw, what u gonna do when she ask if bought ring yet.....?
Old 10-14-2008, 09:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WELCOME TO LIFE. it's what happens when you are not ready for it.

at least she didn't have it all planned in advance..
Old 10-14-2008, 09:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yep, sounds about right. So, you going with the roasted duck, or that funky ham stuff??

hey, you could have a GTG and invite all of your pt.net friends. It'd be a hoot!
Old 10-14-2008, 09:36 PM
Resident Retard

Well, it all depends on how long this freaking ring designer she likes take to make the damn thing..... I mean I have never heard of a ring designer, I did not even know such a profession exists..... I mean the guy has a website and everything....

Thank goodness I am not paying for the wedding, she has allready told her father and he insisted on paying for everything...

Like I said, I want this more than anything.... Just figured you guys needed a good laugh...
Old 10-14-2008, 09:57 PM
TECH Addict

If you're having a custom ring made, to the size of her finger and size of the diamond, in most cases the turn around is 4-6 weeks.

And she's started the planning process because she knows your the one.....
Old 10-14-2008, 09:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BlackGMC

OH and she kinda mentioned moving in my house in January....... FREAKIN SWEET!!!!!!!

you two dont live together, i take it?

im glad you are posting up all this nice info. now when my day comes i wont be as surprised. lol..
Old 10-14-2008, 10:08 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

man i think i had it easy i told my wife tell me when to be there and where.she was to get what ever she wanted we were paying for it so what ever she wanted.the worst thing is i pay for that thing for 3 years.
just go with the flow and let her know slow down (but do it in a nice way)
Old 10-14-2008, 10:17 PM
Resident Retard

Originally Posted by SimpleManLance
you two dont live together, i take it?
hmmmm, nope, but she does live within walking distance from my house... She lives in an apartment complex about 1/4 mile from my house.....

Originally Posted by litreddevil
man i think i had it easy i told my wife tell me when to be there and where.she was to get what ever she wanted we were paying for it so what ever she wanted.the worst thing is i pay for that thing for 3 years.
just go with the flow and let her know slow down (but do it in a nice way)
yaeh, I would never intentionally ruin her dream wedding... So I just agree with most everything.... Oh about paying for it for 3 years, that is about how long it is going to take to pay for the damn ring.....

Quick Reply: Soooooooooooooooooooo, The Engagement Saga continues......................