Southern FL, GA, AL, LA, MS, TN, SC, NC,......AR

need some help drop to stock LA

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 12:17 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need some help drop to stock LA

well, to make it short. I have a friend who hooked me up a killer deal for almost free for some stock coils and some 275/55/20s. My truck is lowered 3.5/6, coils upfront with coil spacer, and the rear is a flipkit with passenger side drop shackle and drop shocks. im mechanically retarded, ask iamkeniff, he will tell you. Anyone willing to help out a fellow member. I want to go back stock for personal/family reasons. I need to take off drop coils in front and add the stock coils back with the coil spacers, and get back from flipkit back to stock. with stock shackles. I know most people dont have access to a tire machine, but if you know someone who can hook me up going from a 275/45 to a 275/55 id appreciate it. So if anyone in Louisiana is willing to help me out, id greatly appreciate it, i know its a lot to ask, since im unemployed and all, but im set on going back stock for a more streetable use and driver function. I live in luling, which is about 40 minutes from laplace, 40 from new orleans. if you can help, let me know please. want to get it done soon. also, i have the carrier bearing relocator kit so if you know whats going on there thats a plus.
Old 08-24-2010, 01:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

man if you were closer, i would definitely swap it out for ya
Old 08-24-2010, 01:17 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

the tire machine i cant help you with, my buddy sold his set up bc he wasnt doing enough car tires to justify the price he paid for it.

the drop is easy of you have everything to go back stock. why are you going to put the spacer in when the stock coil is enough imo. also the problem with the carrier bearing relocator is you cut the flat plate off and drill intothe tube to add the relocator. there is no way to go back unless you have that plate you cut off and have access to a welding machine and the tools to check the pinion angle. so if i was you id go with the stock leaf pack with the pulled over load leaf, and 2" coils up front it'll sit like my 01 did
Old 08-24-2010, 01:21 AM
Banned

james you need a damn job, this boredom **** aint working out for you! Youre gonna look back in a while and say WTF did I bring my truck back to stock? And why is there a spare tire under my rollpan? LOL

Whats your price on the 6" flip kit? I'll buy it from you
Old 08-24-2010, 01:34 AM
TECH Resident

i have everything to go back stock, only thing that worries me is the carrier bearing as stated. i want truck to be leveled off, stock shackles in back coil spcers in front. i seen a rigged setup that could work, but i dont have access to welder or have plate, or tools to fix angle, i was thinking maybe get a 1 piece shaft. or find some kind of way to lower the driveshaft back to stock specs. i will let you know price on flip kit when i decide to sell it. it wll include everything minus the u bolts, which u shouldnt re use, and the notch. i just want to go back to stock specs plus some. im done being low
Old 08-24-2010, 08:05 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For the carrier bearing, you can just add some spacers to bring the bracket down. You may be alright the way it is though, I had mine still at lowered height for a while before I added some spacers to bring the carrier bearing down some. I would help, but I am too far away.
Old 08-24-2010, 09:08 AM
TECH Resident

yea, figured it would need some adjusting, if i get spacers, (where to i buy them at) and i would need some longer bolts as well right?
Old 08-24-2010, 12:09 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Im in Prairieville, have access to a welding machine, and enjoy working on trucks. Unfortunately its a bad time for me as my wife just had major surgery, and hunting season is right around the corner.

What sort of time frame are you trying to get this taken care of?
Old 08-24-2010, 12:56 PM
TECH Resident

well, as of now. its going to be on hold, didnt take in to account, ill have to get tires remounted with the 275/55s and have to get an alignment as well. i have everything to go back up now, but need to save for the other stuff as well. ill keep you in mind though
Old 08-24-2010, 02:54 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

you ca add a few washers then put a level on the front shaft to see how bad it's off. then go from there...worst thatll happen is you have to knock the bolts out the carrier and add longer bolts with more washer

Quick Reply: need some help drop to stock LA