Southern FL, GA, AL, LA, MS, TN, SC, NC,......AR

Ike....

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 07:42 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gtosilverado
damn hurricane was mean.......... the 2nd round was more instense than the first which is very strange.... thats when most of the trees came down in my neighborhood. anyways, hope everyone is alright, supposebly there are tons of people dead in galveston but they are only reportin 9 at the moment. sucks. With 20k or more people that decided not to evacuate...... so yeah, wonder if they will say the truth later on ?
Thats the way Gustav was, the actual hurricane wasnt too bad, it was what followed that did alot of damage. We still had rain off of Ike yesterday, it poured all day long. I had a small shed built off my other shed that I parked my atvs in that got knocked down with Gustav, well I braced it up and put a tarp on the roof. Well, Ike decided he didnt like that and knocked the whole thing down. I quess I will have to rebuild it.
Old 09-15-2008, 03:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

we just got electricity right now, i got back saturday around noon from dallas, came back by myself and family stayed up there, got quite of bit of roof (shingles) blown off which ended up up being water in the kinds bedrooms (ceilings/walls/carpet) and soaked it way all the way down to the ceiling in the garage which but did not fall thru, broke my ceiling fans in my pation, layed the fence halfway down, blew my shed away, broke one window (good thing it was a double glass window and only the outside one broke if not it would be more damage in the house), and hurt a few limbs off of my queen palms,
so yesterday and today, the neighbors and I have been working on putting tarps over the roof taking carpet out moving furniture... so i've been pretty busy and am exhausted,
i hope insurance will pay up for all the mess and wont be a hassle to deal with them...
Old 09-15-2008, 03:29 PM

Received 222 Likes on 148 Posts

anyone willing to trade my truck for a generator??? haha JK but a running fan and refrigerator would be nice.

all of our food is spoiled because i cant find any ice. were good on the canned stuff but i want a fuggin STEAK. also ran outa propane for my pit haha. ran outa dog food but luckily the storm didnt beat us up too bad here in humble/spring (atleast around me)

my parents neighborhood got slammed hard. trees through houses and stuff like that. my dad had his nissan frontier in the driveway and it was turned sideways in the morning hahahaha. nothing damaged but it freaked him out.
Old 09-15-2008, 03:41 PM
12 Second Club

will have some pics in a bit..
We faired ok in La Porte.. It looks really bad all around Sea Brook, and Laporte..
But no water in the house, Some roof Damage, lost all of my fence, and part of a tree..
No power either, and doesn't look like we will have any for a while
Old 09-15-2008, 03:50 PM
12 Second Club

This road is usaully pretty lit up at 5am in the morning.. but this is what it looked like coming up to Fairmont @ HWY 146.

Pics from the Bay Port Container terminal this morning

Old 09-15-2008, 03:51 PM
12 Second Club

looking at the Houston Yacht club

Old 09-15-2008, 03:54 PM
12 Second Club

Old 09-15-2008, 05:31 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I bet those shipping containers made some noise coming down.